No matter how beautiful a possible combination of means is, it is impossible to apply ordinary varnish under gel varnish. Only a special primer (and not a simple varnish) should be under shellac or gel polish, otherwise it will chip or slip like snake skin, it will look disgusting. Do not do this!
But on the contrary, you can draw something on a gel polish with a simple varnish.
Apply ordinary gel to gel polish and vice versa: do they combine
As for the coating of gel-expanded nails with gel decorative products, this combination is quite normal. Similarly, it is allowed to apply shellac on the extended acrylic nails. In this sequence (first the sculptural material, and then the coating) no problems should arise.
Another thing is if you are going to perform building on top of a gel manicure. Most likely, failure will await you: a layer of shellac will not allow the artificial nail plate to be firmly fixed, and such a manicure will last very briefly.
Also watch the video below, in it, there may be answers to questions that you did not even think about:
Is it possible to cover the usual varnish with a top or finish with gel
A tempting option is to extend the life of any manicure, for example, made with a regular varnish, due to a durable gel finish. But most likely, such a manicure will be short-lived: top-coat and topcoats for this type of product do not form high-quality adhesion to other products. Of course, you can do an experiment and check how long such an application will be.
Gel polish finish gel
Finish gel is the final coating of a three-phase gel system for nail extension. Despite the fact that the products for building and for decorative manicure are similar in composition and seem to be equally dried in a lamp, it is not a fact that such a top will hold well. Building aids are often denser and may crack when applied to shellac.
Is it possible to apply gel polish or shellac on nails that have grown with gel
The answer to the question “is it possible to apply gel polish on a regular gel or biogel” is positive. The build-up does not interfere with subsequent shellac coating, and these products are often used in such a combination.
Pay attention to the video:
Application rules, tips
Consider the question of how to apply gel polish on extended nails. An important point: be sure to follow the technology of using all means.
Gel extensions are coated with gel polish instead of topcoat (the appropriate top is applied to shellac) after all the previous layers of artificial nails are completely ready. Their surface is polished, like natural nails in front of a gel manicure, and then apply a primer and all other products in the desired sequence. This is the only way to provide a strong and durable coating.
Similarly, shellac can be used on acrylic extensions.
The extended nails are of considerable thickness, if you plan to cover them with shellac, the artificial nail plate should be made thinner than usual, otherwise the manicure will not work out realistic and elegant.
Application of gel polish in several layers
Can gel polish be applied to gel polish ?! The answer to this question is simple, because most color products of this type are usually applied in two or three layers, and nothing prevents you from using different shades and textures. But it’s better to still use products from the same line or at least one brand.
For different manufacturers, the composition of the products is different, so if you are not ready to test the strength of such a manicure in practice, do not get carried away by mixing them.
Shellac on shellac
For products with the word shellac in their names, the same principles apply as for other gel-based products.
Since the line of shellacs often cannot boast of too rich a palette, the consistent application of layers of different tones, as well as mixing them together, will help to get a new color.
Is it possible to apply gel on a regular varnish?
Every girl wants to have beautiful, well-groomed hands. And what, if not a spectacular design of manicure, can attract the attention of others? Real fashionistas have in their arsenal every novelty that appears in the world of manicure. However, not everyone knows how to use some types of varnishes. Especially if the girls do manicure on their own, at home. The wrong combination of colors, manicure with various structures, etc. leads to an unexpected result. And this is not only an ugly manicure, but also damaged nails that need healing.
So, for example, many people believe that together with ordinary varnish you can use gel, after which they cover the nails with a finish on top. So, what do the manicurists, as well as people with experience in using this tool, think about this?
- You should not even try to do this experiment. This "manicure" will chip. You just spend your precious time.
- This tool is a polymer, and each of its layers, in turn, has a sticky layer that adheres to the previous one. Ordinary varnish has no such effect and cannot be bonded to a gel or finish.
- Alternatively, you can try the following. Apply gel first and then finish. On such a ready-made manicure, you can apply a regular varnish of any color and finish on top. The finish is an artificial polymer, so on such a coating a regular varnish will last even longer than on clean nails. And when you get tired of the color of the “top” manicure, you can simply erase it without damaging the gel, and you will get a new design!
Design manicure gel polish at home.
Learning to use this manicure tool at home is easy. One has only to try a few times, and then everything will go like clockwork. However, in addition to a little skill, you will need the following:
- degreaser or acetone,
- base - base coat,
- fixing agent as a protection, and also it will add shine,
- manicure brushes
- colored varnish
- ultraviolet lamp.
It is better to buy a lamp if it is not available at home, the power of which is at least 36 watts.
It will allow for high-quality drying of all layers.
Statistics say that 70% of women, having tried the gel novelty, continue to continue to use this tool. A little training - and you will easily and quickly create masterpieces of gel manicure.
- We prepare our hands with the help of relaxing baths. Add orange or lavender oil to the bath. We are working on the cuticle and the nail area of the fingers.
- We make nail plates of the same length. Do not leave cracks or a layered part of the nails, otherwise the varnish will quickly crack.
- Degrease the nails. Remove the top glossy layer using an abrasive buff. Do not touch the nails, as the procedure will have to be repeated. If you have weak nails, you can use a primer that will nourish and strengthen the plate.
- Cover the nails with a base and dry for about 2 minutes. Do not cover your nails with gel without a foundation.
- When everything is dry, apply a thin layer of colored varnish. It is important to make thin layers, thick ones will dry for a long time and may crack when dried. Dry for 2 minutes under the lamp.
- Repeat the layer of colored varnish and dry.
- We cover the nails with a protective finish layer. It will fix the varnish and give shine to the nails. Be sure to dry under the lamp.
- After the nails have dried, wipe them with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. This removes all excess from the nails.
Now your gel manicure is ready! No difficulties, everything is quick and easy.
How to remove gel polish from nails
To remove this tool, you must use special solvents or acetone fluids.
So, we need:
- gel remover,
- file for grinding,
- orange sticks
- cotton pads,
- We cover the nails with nail polish remover. We cut each cotton disk into 4 pieces, moisten them in liquid and apply separately to all fingers.
- Then wrap the fingers with foil and leave for 15 minutes.
- We remove the pieces of foil. We work with one finger at a time. It’s better to start with the little finger, because there is less varnish than on the other fingers. After removing the foil with cotton wool, we clean off the remnants of the nails with an orange stick. If the coating does not want to be removed, you can once again put cotton wool with alcohol. But so that this does not happen, before removing the foil, just hold your fingers near the heat.
- With the help of a grinder, we remove the remnants of the gel and file the irregularities on the nail surface using a nail file.
- We make nourishing baths for hands using creams and finger massage.
Now you can safely prepare your pens for the next manicure! After all, you already know how to use gel polish, with what it can be combined and how to remove this polish.
There are a lot of ideas for gel polish design. You can use other people's ideas or come up with something of your own.
Good luck experimenting with your nail designs!
Why not use regular gel polish
The main reason why combining cosmetics is not a good idea lies in their composition. Regular varnish differs from gel polish in that it often contains oils, which significantly reduce the life of the coating. The manicure will not last long, since gel polish requires preliminary degreasing of the surface.
Another reason is the porous structure of gel polish. It allows the nail to breathe, which differs from the usual means, which completely blocks the flow of air to the nail plate.
Important! Manufacturers do not recommend using regular varnish if you want a manicure to last a long time. Due to the difference in composition and texture, the coating will be covered with cracks and chips in a few days.
Application of gel polish
When can an exception be made?
You can use regular gel polish in certain situations. Reviews say that the life of the coating will not decrease if you apply the product only as an element of decor. When creating drawings, the main manicure will have a minimum load, which means that chips can be avoided.
The combination of red and white
If the gel polish is coated with ordinary varnish in the following cases, you can get a good result:
- apply gradient nails on the nails,
- cover the finished manicure with dots or other small decorative elements,
- do a french manicure,
- when the life of the coating is nearing completion and you need to paint overgrown part of the nail.
Lumene Gel Effect Nail Polish
The nuances of applying ordinary varnish to gel polish
Keep in mind that most common products contain acetone in addition to oils, and it eats away gel polish. Therefore, if you decide to cover your nails with incompatible products, carefully study the composition. There are other points to consider:
- Do not wash regular varnish if you applied it to gel polish. Even if an acetone-free product is used for this purpose, the appearance of the coating after removal will not be the same. Reviews say that the surface of the nails becomes cloudy,
- with a combination of products, apply regular varnish to the finish layer. After this, it is necessary to wait for complete drying and once again cover the nails with the top, then dry in the lamp,
- Do not apply regular varnish directly to the base, because in this case the manicure will not last even several days.
For the coating to last longer, you need to leave a little space on the edge of the nail where regular varnish will not be applied. This is necessary for better adhesion of the finish with previous layers of gel polish.
There is one more nuance - apply ordinary varnish with a very thin layer. Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes, then repeat the procedure until you get the color you want. Not completely dried varnish under the influence of lamp radiation will begin to wrinkle and lose its appearance.
Neither manufacturers nor craftsmen recommend experiments with tools that differ so much in composition. However, in some cases, the use of ordinary varnish will not harm. It’s best not to use it as the primary color, but to use it to create patterns.