Chevron Stripe is a new hot trend. Although these groups require some precision in their creation, they are actually very easy to make. There are many different ways to decorate your world with chevron. Here are some of those worth paying attention to.
Chevron painted wall
- Leave the paint for 3 days so that it dries well.
- Please note that if you are already satisfied with the color of your walls and the paint is in good condition, then you can skip this step.
- Use a level and a stick to make sure the edges are on the same horizontal line. Otherwise, your chevron-style strip may be tilted down.
- Chevron style patches are made up of edges and grooves. The sample should be smooth. To achieve this, the distance between the edges and valleys must be the same.
- Note that a large distance between the edges creates wide patterns, and a small distance creates a narrow one.
- Repeat with the remaining stripes.
- Use a level and a stick to measure. The edges should be the same vertically and horizontally.
- All recesses should be vertically aligned with each other.
- Use a stick and level to level all points.
- Note that you will also need to put dots for the indentation under the edges of the last strip.
- When you are done, you will see the shape of your chevron stripes.
- Position the tape so that it extends beyond the borders of the strips, not inside.
- Do not worry if the distance between the stripes seems less than anything else. This is just an optical illusion.
- Make sure the strip is firmly and firmly glued to the wall to prevent seepage underneath.
- Apply a little paint to the strip with a roller. For drawing use the same color, as for all strips. This will help you stay on track.
- Use a roller or brush to seal the edges of the tape in place with the main paint. Allow to dry before further painting.
- Move from top to bottom to avoid blurring and blurring.
- You need to wait for the paint to dry before removing the tape. Otherwise, you may stain the paint on other parts.
Chevron style photo frames
- Make sure that the entire board is covered with an even layer of paint.
- Before painting, you must also make sure that the board is in good condition. The cuts should be uniform, and any sharp corners should be sanded to prevent splinters from entering.
- The folds should be equal. Otherwise, the sample will not be correct.
- Do not release the paper after cutting the fold line. You still need to hold the paper strip for the next step to create an equal length for your chevron pattern.
- You can let go of these parts; there is no need to hold them together.
- Parts should be connected in a diagonal, zigzag shape.
- Fold the pieces well so that they do not fall apart during your work.
- Put together enough pieces to form a strip that can fit into the width of the wooden base. Then create new stripes that will be equal in shape and length.
- Stripes should be in all places where the primary color is formed.
- The distance between each strip should be 3.8 cm, all stripes should be evenly distributed.
- Leave as little hanging tape as possible. If you fill the frame a lot, make the strips of the second color thinner. To avoid this, consider using double-sided tape.
- Let the board lie on a horizontal surface, this will prevent the frame from dripping at the borders of the sample.
- If you want to use several colors, you may need a paint brush.
- First let the paint dry well, otherwise you can spread it.
- Note that ideally, the color of the frame should match the color of the chevron-style stripes.
- You need to wait about an hour before moving on. The surface must be very dry, otherwise you will tighten the nail polish when using duct tape in this method.
- Do not lubricate or lubricate varnish while drying. The bottom layer should be as smooth and flawless as possible.
- Using wax paper, the tape will be easier to remove from the nail when the time comes.
- Each piece of tape and wax paper should match the size of your nail.
- Lay the wax paper aside so that the strips catch quickly.
- The edges and depressions should be located from top to bottom so that the chevron stripes look even.
- This is important, especially if your varnish is still sticky and not dry. If your strips do not stick, then try to make zigzag strips of adhesive tape without waxed paper.
- Make sure the distance between the strips is equal to the width of the strips.
- Before you do this, you don’t have to wait for the nail polish to dry, as your nail design may fall apart due to the glued dry nail polish attached to the bottom of the tape.
- Wait at least an hour before doing something where your nails may be needed.
Pattern number 1. Narrow chevron stripes
Description of knitting a two-color pattern with knitting needles
To knit a pattern, dial the number of loops multiple of 24 + 3.
Pattern difficulty: medium
Base river (Wrong side): thread A - all loops are purl
1st and 2nd p. the pattern with knitting needles: thread B - 1 front, 1 to remove, * 2 front, 1 to remove, repeat from * to the last loop, 1 front.
3rd and 4th p. knitting pattern: thread A - [2 front, 1 remove] 4 times, 3 front, 1 remove, [2 front, 1 remove] 3 times. * 1 facial, 1 remove, [2 facial, 1 remove] 3 times, 3 facial, 1 remove, [2 facial, 1 remove] 3 times, repeat from * to the last 2 loops, 2 facial.
5th and 6th p. knitting pattern: thread B - 3 front, * [1 remove, 2 front] 3 times, 1 remove, 1 front, 1 remove, [2 front, 1 remove] 3 times, 3 front, repeat from * to the end of the row.
7th and 8th p. knitting pattern: like 1st and 2nd p., but instead of thread B - thread A.
9th and 10th p. knitting pattern: like 3rd and 4th. but instead of thread A, thread B.
11th and 12th p. knit a pattern, like the 5th and 6th, but instead of thread B - thread A.
Repeat these 12 rows.
Tags: lazy jacquard patterns
Cited 7 times
Liked: 5 users
1. Panel on the wall with your own hands: abstract stripes on the canvas
- blank canvas (panel)
- brush or sponge brush
- masking tape (masking tape)
- scissors (to cut the tape).
The secret of the beautiful design of this canvas in masking tape.
* For starters, figure out what colors you will use. Experiment with colors to find the combination you like.
* Prepare the desired combination of colors and panels and start to decorate it as you like (horizontal, vertical and / or diagonal lines).
* Prepare masking tape. Cut a few pieces of tape, 6-8 cm long. It is desirable that they all be approximately the same size.
* Paste all the pieces of tape on the panel in a specific order (choose the order yourself - in this example, a chevron pattern is used), leaving some places on the panel free.
* When you have pasted everything, prepare brushes or a special sponge and white acrylic paint. Start painting over areas covered with masking tape.
* When the paint has dried, carefully remove the adhesive tape (tape) and you get an original picture.
2. How to decorate the wall with your own hands: a flower on the wall
- blank canvas (panel)
- acrylic paint (in this example, it is gray)
- scrap paper (wrapping paper)
- glue gun with hot glue (or PVA glue)
- brushes or sponge brushes
1. First paint your panel with acrylic paint. If you have light-colored scrap paper, then the panel should be painted in a darker color (as in this example).
2. Wait until the paint dries, and in the meantime, start to cut out the petals of the future flower from wrapping paper. Here's how to do it easier:
2.1 Отрежьте от листа бумаги полоску, и далее полоску порежьте на небольшие прямоугольники.
2.2 Из каждого прямоугольника теперь можно вырезать лепестки, округляя концы.
* Попробуйте использовать несколько видов бумаги, чтобы лепестки были с разными узорами.
* Можете делать лепестки разных размеров - большие, средние и маленькие. Лучше заранее определить, сколько лепестков, и какого размера они будут, и как вы их будете дальше клеить на панно.
3. Покройте панно вторым слоем акриловой краски (края также стоит покрасить). Подождите, пока краска высохнет.
4. Start laying out all your petals on the panel, start from the center of the flower. Some of them may need to be trimmed a bit to make them look better. In the center of the flower you can stick a paper circle.
5. When you have laid out all the petals as you like best, begin to glue them in turn.
The result is a beautiful work that can decorate any room in the house.
3. DIY wall decoration: 3D inscription on the panel
- blank canvas (panel)
- voluminous white paint
- PVA glue and a brush for it
1. First you need to figure out what inscription you are going to do on the panel. When you have already decided on this, it is worth writing a wish on a regular sheet. Can print on a printer.
2. When the inscription is ready, attach a sheet (or several sheets, if the inscription is long) with adhesive tape to a flat surface (table, for example) and cover them with wax paper.
3. Start applying voluminous white paint over the translucent letters. Leave to dry overnight.
4. Carefully peel the letters from the wax paper and start gluing them on the panel. Use PVA glue (you can completely dip the letters into the glue and then glue it - the glue will fix some irregularities on the surface of the letters). Leave to dry.
4. Original wall decor: favorite quotes on the panel
- blank canvas (panel)
- acrylic paint (in this example, white)
- masking tape (masking tape)
- thick paper or cardboard
- clerical knife (if necessary).
1. On thick paper, draw the letters you need, which will then need to be cut out. Draw letters so that it is easier to cut.
2. From old magazines cut a lot of pieces of different sizes and with different colors and patterns.
3. Start glue on the tablet (panel) excerpts of pages from magazines. Glue as you like best.
4. Wait until everything is dry, and start laying out the cardboard letters in the correct order.
5. Start painting your panel with any chosen paint with a sponge brush. In this example, everything is painted with white paint. You can paint over the letters, then you remove them anyway.
* While painting, hold the letters so that they do not move. You can fix them with small pieces of tape.
5. Photo on the wall with your own hands: a collage of photos from Instagram
- square photos (it is better to print photos from Instagram)
- PVA glue or double-sided tape
1. Print and lay out your photos on the canvas as you like.
2. Begin to gently stick photos using PVA glue. You can use thin double-sided tape (sometimes due to PVA glue the paper becomes wavy).
* Adhesive tape can be glued in the following way: cut two tapes with a length corresponding to the length of the photo, and stick to the back of the image.
* It’s possible that after you glue all the photos evenly, you may have to cut the ends of some images a bit.
6. DIY wall decor: shiny canvas
- canvas (in this example, its size is 75 x 100 cm)
- masking tape (masking tape)
- braid (fabric tape)
- buttons (to fix the braid)
1. Prepare the canvas and attach several pieces of lace to it with buttons. You can make as many vertical strips as you want, the main thing is that there is the same distance between them (in this example 12.5 cm).
2. Now cut another piece of braid and attach it horizontally, retreating 12.5 cm from the edge of the canvas (the same distance as between the vertical stripes).
3. Wherever the horizontal tape crosses the vertical, make marks with a pencil.
4. Unfasten the horizontal tape, count another 12.5 cm from the marks made (or the distance that you originally got) and fasten again, and again make marks at the intersection of the strips.
* Continue moving the bar up and making marks. As a result, your entire canvas will be covered with dots from a pencil.
5. Based on the marks obtained, begin to glue the masking tape as shown in the image (zigzag).
6. Uncoated parts of the canvas cover with PVA glue and sprinkle sparkles on these places. Wait until everything dries, shake off the excess sparkles and peel off the masking tape.
Here is the result:
7. DIY wall painting: a canvas decorated with papyrus paper
You can make this beautiful picture with your children.
- papyrus paper (several colors)
- brush or sponge brush
- figured hole punch (if desired)
* If you use a figured hole punch (in this example, the hole punch has the shape of a hexagon), then it is better to cut several sheets of papyrus paper at once, because such paper is very soft, and individually it will not be easy to cut each sheet.
1. Cut out several details from sheets of papyrus paper (in this example, six hexagons, but you can cut out any other figure or even several figures and shapes).
2. Wet your canvas a little and start gently applying cut figures to it.
* You can draw a wet brush over pasted shapes.
3. Wait until everything dries, and carefully remove the papyrus paper - you will have multi-colored prints of figures.
The picture can be hung in any room, for example, in the nursery.
8. The original design of the walls: cut out a picture from the canvas
- An example of a drawing (you can find any pattern on the Internet and print it, or come up with your own and draw).
1. Attach the pattern you like (printed or drawn by you) to the canvas with the pattern down and secure it with tape.
2. Flip the canvas over — you should see a drawing from the back — and circle the pattern with a pencil.
* It is better to raise the canvas and hold it by the window so that the light passes through it.
3. Use a clerical knife or scalpel to cut out some shapes from your pattern. Cutting the canvas is not easy, but you end up with a beautiful picture.
* You can make two more paintings with other drawings and hang all three on a wall next to each other - you get a great original composition.
9. Wall decor (photo): shadows on canvas
- acrylic paint (any color, but always a dark shade and white color)
- a piece of cloth (to wipe a wet brush).
1. Start by choosing the right color or shades.
2. When you have decided everything with color, use a brush to draw lines.
* In this example, the lines go from dark to light. Use white paint to dilute the paint a bit and get a lighter shade.
* You can draw anything, even if you are not an artist. Simple lines (horizontal or vertical), circles, squares, etc.
10. DIY wall painting: abstract painting
1. Cover any sections of the canvas with masking tape. You can just glue the tape into strips the way you like it better.
2. Use any color to paint over exposed areas on the canvas.
3. Carefully remove the tape and take a look at the finished picture - anyone can do something beautiful.
Vector image "Herringbone chevron with stripes line pattern. Hand drawn lines natural colorful seamless pattern." can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. The illustration is available for download in high quality with a resolution of up to 4000x4000 and in EPS format.
- About Us
- Our plans and prices
- Business solutions
- Blog Depositphotos
- Referral program
- affiliate program
- API Program
- New Images
- Free Images
- Supplier Registration
- Sell stock photos
- Español (Mexico)
- Português (Brasil)