The dream of any keyboard player is a beautiful, confident piano playing technique. It is understood as a system of musical skills, abilities and techniques that allow us to achieve masterful performance of works of varying complexity. It’s not easy to develop a technique, and it needs to be constantly maintained and improved. If the pianist has not practiced for a long time, he will find that his fingers cannot immediately “remember” the necessary keys, it is difficult to play a quick melody.
How to develop the technique of playing the piano?
First, let’s tell you what types of keyboard playing techniques are. Musicologists distinguish two main types - small (finger) and large (carpal). Small technique involves the performance of small passages, covering no change in position no more than 5 notes. These include scales, gamma-like passages, double notes, melismas, trills, finger rehearsals. Large includes possession of tremolo, chords, octaves, jumps. This also includes the staccato technique, based on abrupt, separated from each other, flying sounds. How to start a beginner? If you want to become a real musician and learn to play serious works, you need to work on both varieties.
How to quickly develop a good technique?
If you want to achieve tangible results in a short period of time, it is better to engage with an experienced piano teacher - in the classroom or at home. Under the guidance of a professional, you will learn the musical and technical basics earlier, as the teacher will clearly demonstrate the correct movements, teach you the correct setting of the fingers. He will make sure that you do not fix the wrong tricks.
To achieve what you want, work on developing the necessary skills daily and in good faith. Before you sit down at the piano, set yourself up for activity, get ready to win a small victory. Focus - not only the hands are involved in the game, but also the brain, the head of the “hearing loss” so important for the pianist.
For the development of the ability to expressively and confidently play music, a significant effect is given by playing exercises with alternating hands changes. So, at first the musical passage is performed by the right hand, in the process the speed gradually increases to the maximum. Make sure that the quality of performance does not suffer. The passage is played at a fast pace until the muscles become weak and the speed drops. Stop. Now the technique of the left hand is being worked out - perform the same passage until it gets tired. Thanks to the intense activity of the left hand, the right hand rests faster and in a minute or two you can train it again. Do three approaches to each musical exercise. This method will allow for a short time to improve the technique of fingers and increase the fluency of the game.
How to improve the technique of playing the piano?
Tips from the teachers of our private music courses:
- We strengthen the fingers, because the touch technique depends on their condition. Here is an exercise that beginners need to perform first on a flat surface. Put your elbows on the table and stretch out your arms in front of you. Raise each finger in turn as high as possible and forcefully hit them on the table. Make sure that the blows are the same in strength. Only the finger phalanges should be tensed, the hand itself remains relaxed.
- Play staccato passages - that is, each sound should sound distinctly and loudly. Do not overwork the brushes - the emphasis is again on finger strokes. Take notes at a slow pace, so that each has time to “shine” with its sound. Then gradually try to increase the pace.
- We learn how to restore contact with the keyboard - in the first stages of the game, we put our wrists below the level of the keys so that sounds are created under the influence of the strength of the brushes. This technique produces the feeling of support needed by a pianist.
What can young pianists do in the summer so as not to lose their skills, or maybe improve their skills?
Firstly, get a tool. If you seriously decide to make music, you need a personal instrument. Home electronic pianos and pianos are small in size, but completely replace the original instrument. You should not buy a synthesizer, you need a piano, so that the force of pressing the keys when playing the electronic piano does not differ from the efforts applied when playing a mechanical instrument.
Secondly, think over a lesson plan. Every day, play the works laid down and set for the summer and learn new tunes for the soul. Playing a screensaver from Game of Thrones is much more interesting than scales, and it will be useful in both cases.
Thirdly, take some private lessons. Look for a teacher and go to class once a week. To search for a teacher, use Internet resources, for example, the Tutoring Center, Yandex Services or St. Petersburg.
First, make a list of your requirements:
- Decide where you want to conduct the lessons - at home or in the teacher’s apartment. This is not to say that one of the methods is most preferable; choose according to convenience.
- If it is important for you, then determine the gender and age of the tutor. Someone categorically does not want to engage with young musicians, while someone does not like older professors. Here, again, there is no better option, but still pay attention to the level of professionalism of the teacher.
- It is good if the tutor has a pedagogical experience or positive feedback from students. After all, you need a music teacher, not a famous musician. You can pay a lot of money for the lessons of a famous pianist, get communication and pleasure, but not advance in mastery, as the tutor does not have the skills of a teacher.
- Choose a convenient visit time and frequency. In the summer, once a week is enough if it is important to maintain the level. If there are gaps in skill, look for a teacher in the necessary subjects and discuss the training plan with him. It will be easier for someone to work out weekly every day and then switch to a maintenance regimen once a week, for another it is easier to go to classes 2 times a week. In both cases, the amount of payment will not change, therefore your readiness is important.
Once your requirements for the lessons and the tutor are formulated, set your search criteria on each of the above resources and compare the appropriate options.
It is better not to set a price limit, since the program will cut off any conditions that do not pass through the filter, and a suitable teacher can set the cost of the lesson by only 50-100 rubles. In addition, many teachers are ready to make a discount for paying for several lessons at once, so choose the cost manually.
Have good lessons and the best teachers!
How much can you learn to play
How to learn to play the piano yourself
Many of us have a dream to learn how to play a musical instrument. This desire arises from emotional impulses and a desire for art. Most people prefer to learn to play the guitar, as they are more accessible and compact enough, but a really interesting musical instrument that deserves special attention is the piano.
If you have long been carrying in your head thoughts on how to learn to play the piano and whether it can be done quickly and independently, the only answer is yes. All you need is a desire!
To learn how to play the piano, you do not need to have special talent, know the notes or go to music school. Many famous musicians knew how to make music without having a special education. They were self-taught and succeeded. If you want to learn how to play first for yourself, then this can be done quickly enough, but it is necessary to strictly observe the stages of training and their conditions. Here is what you need to know and have to become a good pianist:
- It is advisable to have your own musical instrument at home. Without it, it will be quite difficult. Fortunately, today there is the opportunity to purchase a piano or synthesizer at affordable prices,
- a little theory. The beginning of learning should always be theory. It is necessary to learn the principle of playing the piano, how it is arranged, the position of notes and chords, how to take them correctly and extract music from them. In fact, today there are many online lessons, including video lessons, where they explain and chew all the necessary information in detail and “on the shelves”. Thanks to the Internet, you can get any information regarding this tool,
- you need to train everyday. Constant practice is the key to the rapid growth of your technology. Exercising every day you will very soon play at a good level,
- desire and patience are the two main and most important components that every person needs to have in any endeavors. Most likely, you already have enough desire, but patience is what is very important to have, because at first it is difficult to see your results and understand if you are doing it. However, after some time, depending on your diligence and frequency of training, your expectations will pay off.
What you need to know to learn how to play the piano
If you are finally convinced and decide to reveal the secret about how to learn to play the piano yourself, then here is what you need to know to start:
- study the notation of notes
- learn the chords
- disassemble the structure of the octaves,
- landing of hands and body in relation to the instrument,
It should be done for 2-3 hours a day.
In fact, to learn to play the piano well or any other similar keyboard instrument, you do not need to know the notes. There is a simplified analogue, which is available both in paper form and on the Internet - this is a tab. With its help, you can understand which key to clamp, and in what order to play the necessary work.
You can also start playing with chords. This is a combination of several notes that in combination turn into a chord. As a rule, it is enough to know about 14 chords to play any simple melody that interests you. This is not about the works of classics, it will require a more in-depth study of notes.
To get started, try taking simple pieces. Many songs of modern singers can be played, knowing the chords and their sequence of extraction, so if you are a beginner, start with them.
The next important step for playing the piano from scratch is to learn and remember the location of the octaves. What is it and what does it eat with? An octave is an interval that goes between the same notes, for example, from “To” to the note “To”. For a piano, an octave counts from the note “To” to the note “C”. It is accepted that each of us knows how the order of notes is arranged, since we usually sang them at a music lesson at school, so we won’t go into details.
In total, the piano has 9 octaves: 7 full and 2 incomplete.
For beginners, it will be enough to know 5 main octaves, which are usually presented on synthesizers. These include: large, small, first, second and third. It is important to learn and remember them. There are special lessons for this that will help you quickly learn how to play with both hands. Having studied the octaves, you can play a waltz or any other work.
In addition to the basics in studying the structure of notes on the piano, chords and octaves, there is also a more primitive, but at the same time, most important component of the entire training - the position of the hands and body in relation to the instrument.
Hand positions play an important role because they are responsible for many different factors, including the correct extraction of notes, as well as how long you can play, not to mention your physical health.
We start with the landing. Everything is simple here, sit on a chair in front of the piano, while straightening your back. It must be kept level. Next is the position of the hands themselves. They should be straight and parallel to the floor. The fingers are slightly rounded and hanging over the keys. It is important that the hands are relaxed, do not strain your wrists.
Perhaps the most important condition among all the others is the time you devote to your studies. If you spend enough hours for your lessons, then you will quickly reach the goal. Even if you have talent and everything is easy for you, this does not mean that you do not need to train! Usually a person, even with a musical ear and ability, takes 2 or 3 hours to practice, this is an average. When you manage to play longer, it’s good, but if less, the result may come very soon.
These are the main points that every beginner needs to consider. If you will be conscientious in your studies and devote proper time to them, you will quickly be able to learn the basics and move on to more complex works.
Can I learn to play the piano adult
Many people who have already reached maturity, or even a respectable age, are always tormented by thoughts, but is it possible to learn anything, including playing the piano, an adult? Well, there is always one answer to this question: “live a century, learn a century!”.
For learning the game, any age and time is good, your desire is important. If you have always dreamed of mastering this tool, but you did not have the opportunity before, and now you have it, you should not waste time thinking about whether it is possible to learn or how hard it will be, just start and everything will go its own way.
In teaching for adults and children, the basics are the same. Adults are even much easier to learn, because they do it consciously, with an understanding of the matter and due diligence. Therefore, people aged rather quickly, perhaps even in the first months will already be able to play works at a fluent pace.
How much can you learn to play
If you are interested in how much you can learn to play the piano yourself and how quickly you can start to extract music from the instrument, then here it is worth remembering patience! To ask such questions is quite natural, but this suggests that you may not be ready to spend enough time. Focus on how often you can devote time and how many hours you are willing to spend on training. This will be the answer to your question: "how much can I learn?"
How much time you spend learning and how often you do it is directly proportional to how quickly you learn to play. If you follow all the recommendations and devote at least 2-3 hours to your training every day, the first results will not be long in coming! After a month, or even less, you will see a noticeable effect from your classes, when you can quickly play a work of chords or notes.
Decide in advance what exactly you want to get in the end, and what level you need. This will help you quickly and accurately master the piano yourself!