Baked onions are one of the most popular and effective remedies against hated boils - painful ulcers that occur on the surface of the skin.
How is it effective? Below we consider in detail the treatment of furunculosis with baked onions.
Namely: how to cook and use it. And also, we will talk about contraindications and side effects of this folk remedy.
How effective is it for treatment?
Through the use of baked onions in the treatment of boils, it is possible to achieve several effects:
- The boil matures faster and significantly accelerates the transition from the initial stage of development to scarring.
- The baked onion is able to suppress infections and does not allow them to spread to other areas of the skin, which avoids the development of complications.
- Baked onions inhibits the development of multiple furunculosis, and does not allow existing foci to merge into the carbuncle.
Treatment of abscesses with onions is more effective in combination with other types of treatment. Maturation of boils can last more than a week and at the same time causes considerable inconvenience, therefore, by applying a healing plant to the outbreak, you will help to accelerate the pus pulling out and reduce itching, constantly urging you to scratch a dangerous place, which is absolutely impossible, since there is a great risk of infection .
However, if furunculosis noticeably progresses, you must definitely consult a doctor!
How to cook?
Here you can find several recipes for baked onions from boils. You can also read how to treat the boil.
Having studied the composition of many traditional medicines for the treatment of boils, you can see that often they include this component, while always baked onions are cooked approximately the same, namely:
- The onion head must be cleaned and cut into two parts.
- Each half should be laid down with a slice down on a dry frying pan.
- For 5-7 minutes, you need to put the pan with onions in a preheated oven at a temperature of 180-200C (you can also use a regular hotplate or microwave).
After cooking baked onions You can start treatment using one of three methods:
- It is necessary to grind the baked onion to the state of slurry and mix it with pre-grated household soap in a ratio of 2: 1, after which the resulting mass must be formed into a layer. The prepared compress is applied to the focus of the disease and fixed with duct tape, then wrapped on top with a scarf and held for two hours.
- For the second method, it is necessary to cook the gruel from baked onions, honey and flour, and mix it, taking all the ingredients in equal parts. The resulting mixture must be applied to the boil, cover with a cotton-gauze dressing or bandage from above, and then wrap it with a scarf and hold for two hours.
- The third method is to cook gruel from equal parts of baked onions and fresh garlic, which is then applied to the abscess and covered with a cotton pad, and then covered with a scarf and held for two hours.
For the treatment of boils, it is not necessary to follow the above recipes, because for this it is quite simple to attach a baked onion with a slice to the abscessfixing it with duct tape and wrapping it with a scarf. The procedure is repeated every two hours, replacing each time with a fresh bulb.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that in order to prevent the spread of infection to neighboring areas of the skin, it is necessary to observe basic hygiene rules, for this you need to thoroughly wash your hands with antibacterial agents and do not touch any objects after processing the abscess.
Now you know how to cook onions for the treatment of boils.
Are there any contraindications and side effects?
Alternative medicines prepared from onions can be safely used in the treatment of patients, both the elderly and children. There are no contraindications for pregnant women, since this plant in its processed form does not cause side effects.
It is especially valuable that onion compresses from boils can be successfully combined with any other type of treatment. However, it is extremely rare for a patient to have an adverse reaction to the onion if the skin is too sensitive and there is an allergic reaction.
It is forbidden to independently open boils or squeeze them!
Every person who has faced the problem of furunculosis should understand that there was a clear malfunction in the work of his body, and first of all attention should be paid to the state of the immune system. It is very important not to start the disease at an early stage, but you need to contact a competent specialist who will conduct an examination of the body and advise on the subject of further necessary actions.
The lack of proper treatment, as well as the elimination of the causes of furunculosis in the future, will certainly lead to various complications. It is necessary to realize that baked onions, like other alternative methods of treating boils, act only on the abscess, but at the same time they cannot eliminate the main cause of the disease. Now you know how to bake onions to treat boil.
How to make and use a compress of onion
Two parts of the question: preparing a compress of onion (KL) and the use of KL. Studies convincingly prove that onions have anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, it is useful for infections of the upper respiratory tract. For infections of the upper respiratory tract, one of the easiest ways to help speed up the healing process is to use a compress (K) made from onion (L). Two medium onions are needed. Red L tend to contain the most quercetin. However, all bulbs have antioxidants and exhibit expectorant properties.
Peel and chop the onions very finely. Pour enough water into the pan so that it only covers the bottom. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce the heat. Place the onion in a sieve or colander and keep, stirring, in a saucepan over the steam for several minutes. The onion should become soft. From the very beginning, you can add freshly grated or finely chopped ginger to the onion - about one quarter of a glass (
30 g) - to help fight the infection and reduce fatigue. You can soften the onions in a pan. To do this, pour a little water or any vinegar into the pan, heat it and place the onion (and ginger), the onion will be ready when it becomes transparent!
Onion cooling. Cool and strain onion juice through a colander or sieve. Place the onion in the middle of a clean cotton napkin or burlap, fold them so that not a single piece of onion falls out. Place the napkin in a towel, and make an envelope or a knot that you tie with a ribbon or elastic.
Using poultice from onions. Protect sensitive skin from onion juice. If you are using an onion poultice for a small child, first apply a little vegetable oil to the skin where you are going to apply a compress to ensure that the onion juice does not irritate the baby’s skin
Place the compress on the chest. After the compress has cooled sufficiently, place it directly on the chest (sternum area) to help ease expectoration of sputum due to the common cold or upper respiratory tract infection. Put a heating pad or hot water bottle on top, cover well with wool. CL often causes a cough. Cough - a way of the body to get rid of sputum. Allow coughing for yourself or your child to get rid of sputum. Leave the compress on for twenty to thirty minutes.
After removing the poultice, wash the area with soapy water. You can fight the smell of L by putting some lemon juice in the place where the compress was.
Place a compress on your forehead. If you have sinus congestion or a headache due to sinus pressure, you can put a compress on your forehead as a sinus decongestant. Make sure the napkin or towel is cool enough to be comfortable and leave the compress in place for twenty to thirty minutes. four
Place a compress on the ear if ear pain is due to sinus inflammation. Turn your head so that the sore ear is on top. Gently place the compress on your ear. You do not need to press or push. Just put the compress in your ear. Make sure the poultice has cooled sufficiently.
Hold the compress on your ear for fifteen to twenty minutes.
If you make a compress specifically for the treatment of otitis media, then you need only one finely chopped onion instead of two. Compress is better to put behind the ear.
Place on the glands around the throat to treat a sore throat. If the glands around the throat or neck are enlarged due to a throat infection, use the poultices from L on your neck and throat. Take a poultice and carefully place it on the swollen neck glands. Make sure she is cool enough to be comfortable. Leave the compress for twenty to thirty minutes..
Sinusitis. In case of sinus inflammation, KL is placed on the forehead. Eyes are protected with water-moistened cotton balls. Hold the compress for 20-30 minutes.
Warming up the compress. If you want to use KL several times a day due to heavy workload, you can slightly warm it over steam or in a microwave. As always, make sure that it has cooled sufficiently before applying. To apply as often as necessary.
Do a new compress every day. Fresh onions (and fresh ginger if you turn it on) are best to use every day instead of re-heating yesterday's poultice.
See a doctor!
- If using a poultice from L does not lead to noticeable improvements within two or three days, consult a doctor.
If you see any of the following symptoms, see your doctor right away:
- Fever over 37.8 ° C for twenty-four hours (more than twelve hours for children under the age of twelve)
- Coughing up blood (red or brown streaks in sputum)
- Any vomiting or nausea
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing
Using poultices from L is very safe even for children. Some people may respond to onions with a mild rash or skin irritation. In this case, the “double wrap” A second towel is an alternative.
Onion treatment with onions
In order for the abscess to mature, and the pus soon stretches out, it is recommended to use the following method. Take the middle head of onions, peel and put in a preheated oven. Cut the onion baked in this way in half, attach the cut side to the place of the abscess (note that the onion must be warm) and fix it with a bandage or plaster. Every four hours, change the onion compress to a fresh one, gradually you can increase the temperature of the onion by heating. Onions will begin to draw out pus, after a couple of days the abscess will begin to heal. In no case do not open the abscesses yourself, do not massage them and do not press. So pus can spread through the tissues and cause blood poisoning.
To speed up the maturation of the abscess, peel the onion and grate. Apply fresh slurry to the sore spot. You can use another folk method, for this you should bake an onion in the oven, knead and mix with the same amount of grated laundry or children's soap. Apply the resulting cake to the boil, every five hours change the compress. Instead of onions, you can use baked garlic, which also helps to cope with purulent abscesses.
Herbal lotions from abscesses
An herbal compress, which is so easy to cook at home, will help get rid of a purulent abscess. Herbs can be bought in almost every pharmacy. Combine ten grams of stinging nettle herb, oak bark, deaf nettle, and water pepper herb. Add fifteen grams of white mistletoe branches. Stir the collection and pour a liter of boiling water. It is best to insist in a thermos for an hour and a half. Use the resulting product in the form of lotions or compresses. Perfectly copes with abscesses on the skin and all kinds of wounds, resin and cedar resin. They should be applied to the affected area on the skin.
Horse sorrel in the fight against abscesses
You can cure abscesses in a matter of days using the following folk method. You need fresh leaves of horse sorrel, chop them to a state of gruel. Apply it to a section of the bandage that has been folded several times and apply it to abscesses, wounds or boils, and fix it with a band-aid. Change this compress every three hours. Soon there will be no trace of the abscess, since horse sorrel has a wound healing property.
Baked onions for boils
Due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, onions are used to treat various diseases. Baked onions from boils - a healing remedy known for a long time, popular among other recipes of traditional medicine. The essential substances contained in onions have a detrimental effect on various microbes, which allows you to get rid of pustules and boils on the skin in a short time. How to bake and use onions in the fight against skin abscesses?
Baked onions have long been used in folk medicine for the treatment of boils.
What is onion used for?
Onion is used not only for food, but also helps to cure many ailments. In combination with other useful products or medicinal herbs, people treat respiratory diseases, sinusitis, skin diseases, get rid of various helminths, etc. Onions have good antibacterial and fungicidal properties that help treat wounds, sore throats and a weak stomach. Inhalation of onion “vapors” is an effective prevention of influenza during epidemics.
Baked onions are effective in combating furunculosis. With its help, you can eliminate unpleasant symptoms of the disease, such as itching, swelling of the tissues and soreness of the skin. A baked vegetable is used for the early maturation of an abscess and the drawing out of purulent fluid. The healing properties of onions will help stop the inflammatory process and the prevalence of infection under the skin.
Golden, white and other types of staphylococci are causative agents of furunculosis. Common reasons why boils appear:
- insufficient hygiene of the skin,
- increased sweat
- oily skin
- frequent use of harmful products,
- disturbed metabolic processes,
- weakened immunity.
How to bake onions correctly?
1 way to cook baked vegetable in a pan:
- take the onion, peel and cut in half,
- lay down on a dry surface of the pan,
- simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
2 way to cook in the oven:
- peel, cut and place onions on a baking sheet,
- bake at 170 degrees for 7 minutes.
3 way microwave baking:
- prepare the onion,
- send to the microwave for a quarter of an hour.
There are many ways to cook baked onions to treat boils. Back to the table of contents
Method of application No. 1
Baked onions from a boil helps to extract purulent fluid from mature boils. The tool is very easy to use, and, most importantly, it acts on the skin carefully and painlessly, does not leave burns. For the treatment of a boil, baked onion slices are used. It is necessary to attach them to a painful place several times a day and the boil will begin to dry out, and after 1-2 days it will completely disappear.
Method of application No. 2
Bake onions, cool and divide into plates. A transparent film is removed from each plate, peeled pieces are applied to purulent abscesses. After 50-60 minutes, replace the used plate with a new one. If you look closely at the old onion plate, you can see on it an elongated pus from a boil.
Method of application No. 3
Treatment of a furuncle with onions occurs somewhat differently. After baking in any way, the onion is crushed to a mushy state and applied to the affected areas on the skin. The medicine is fixed on the body with an adhesive plaster or gauze dressing. To get a quick result, the dressing changes every hour.
Recipes for treating boils with baked onions
In addition to the independent use of baked vegetable, you can combine it with some useful ingredients. This will help accelerate the healing of the boil and get rid of pus skin code. Here are some recipes for preparing healing compresses:
- Bake onion, chop and mix with crushed garlic cloves. The resulting slurry is applied to the affected areas. Fix to the skin with a gauze bandage or adhesive plaster.
- Grate fresh onions and mix with celandine herb juice in the amount of ½ tsp. Apply compresses to the affected areas on the skin, periodically replacing them with new ones. Такое средство хорошо вытягивает скопившуюся под кожей гнойную жидкость.
- Эффективное средство, используемое от фурункулеза — луковая смесь с хозяйственным мылом. Мыло натирается на крупную или мелкую терку, смешивается с луковой кашицей. The resulting mass is applied to the affected area, wrapped with a bandage and insulated. After 1 hour, the onion-soap cake is replaced with a new one.
Purulent inflammation on the skin often occurs in adults and children. They manifest unpleasant symptoms and have an unattractive appearance. Therefore, it is better to prevent their appearance in every possible way than subsequently to conduct therapy. Prevention of furunculosis will be keeping the body clean, hardening the body and regular consumption of vitamins. If simple preventive measures are observed, cosmetic defects will not appear on the skin, and the disease will no longer cause harm.
0 1,081 views
You may also be interested.
Boil onion treatment
Onion from a boil is an old and time-tested remedy for generations. In order to make sure of its popularity and effectiveness, you just need to ask any grandmother you know and she will definitely confirm this to you that baked onion from a boil was used even in her youth, it was recommended by her grandmother and great-grandmother.
Ways to bake onions to treat a boil:
- It well draws pus from an already matured boil and contributes to its maturation, treatment of a boil with baked onions. To do this, take the onion, cut in half across (from top to bottom). Put the cut half into a dry frying pan with a lid and let it stand on low heat for about ten minutes. If it burns a little, it's not scary. Remove part of the highly burnt pieces and you can put onions on the boil.
- Baked onions from boils can be prepared in another way. To do this, as in the first recipe, bake half the onions in a dry frying pan under the lid or in the oven. Separate into plates. We remove a thin film from the plate and apply it to the boil with the cleaned side. We replace the used baked onion from the boil with the next clean onion plate because a layer of elongated pus quickly gathers on the old one.
- After baking, the boils from the boils can be finely chopped into gruel after baking and applied, mixed with gruel from garlic cloves.
Treatment of a boil with onions is faster and more effective, if you do not forget to change the dressings for fresh every couple of hours.
Grated onion compress
The method of preparing the next compress is to first rub the onion on a grater. After you have dealt with this, you need to mix the grated onions with celandine. Celandine, by the way, requires half a teaspoon. The resulting mixture is applied to the boil. Naturally, we dress with a gauze bandage so that the mixture always clings to the wound.
Bow and sorrel
- Treatment of a boil with an onion is a fairly common phenomenon among the people. The following method is aimed at the earliest possible maturation of the boil. In addition to onions, you still need twenty grams of fresh sorrel leaves. As in the previous case, the onion must be grated. In this case, the sorrel must be very finely chopped and mixed accordingly with grated onion. The resulting porridge sucks out pus very well. The boil ripens quickly enough under the influence of the healing properties of onions and sorrel.
- To prepare the treatment mixture, you will need the following ingredients: one onion, 20 grams of sage leaves and a glass of water. First you need to pour sage leaves with boiling water and put on fire. In this case, the onion must be cut into rings, and then also lowered into boiling water. After a few minutes, this whole mixture should be passed through a colander. Onions and leaves, without waiting until they cool, must be placed on a boil. This procedure should be performed approximately four times a day. After a while you will see the result. The boil will open, pus will be removed. You just have to treat the wound for its final healing.
Onion and Sage
Requires: 1 onion, 20 g of sage leaves, 1 cup of water.
The method of preparation and use. Pour boiling water over the sage leaves and place the saucepan on the fire. Onions should be cut into rings and also dipped in boiling water with leaves. In just a few minutes, everything needs to be thrown into a colander. Mix the onions and leaves and put them on the boil while still hot. This procedure should be carried out several times a day.
Treatment of a boil with onion and poplar
It is very effective for suppuration, cuts, bites, alcohol extract of the bark or poplar buds with onions.
Required: 25 g of poplar bark or buds, 1 onion, 100 g of alcohol.
The method of preparation and use. Pour the chopped onion and poplar buds with alcohol. Insist a week. Consume 20 drops 3 times daily before meals. Tincture can be used as a solution of iodine.
For the treatment of abscesses, we can advise you on such a recipe.
Requires: 1 tbsp. l honey, 1 tbsp. l flour, 1 onion.
The method of preparation and use. The onion must be baked in the oven. Then everything should be mixed, an ointment will turn out. This ointment should be applied to the boil.