Is acne a serious problem for you? You still can not get rid of it, despite the use of medicines? Then peppermint oil is what you definitely need to try because of its wonderful properties that the oil contains.
Peppermint is one of the oldest aromatic herbs, very well known for its medicinal purposes. Peppermint is a kind of mint plants. This greenish-purple colored leaf helps to cure diseases like colon spasms and dyspepsia in addition to acne and dyspepsia. It can also be added to salads, to enhance the aroma Peppermint oil is obtained from the peppermint plant and the oil has a pale yellow color. It has a mint flavor that cools and freshens. It can be taken as a dietary supplement or in de ointment for the skin against acne.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Acne
Peppermint oil is filled with nutrients that provide various health and skin benefits. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Let's look at some of the recipes for acne and peppermint oil benefits:
- Mixing a few drops of peppermint oil with coconut oil and gently applying to the rash gives you good relief from acne inflammation.
- Make a mixture with peppermint oil, olive oil and table salt. Gently apply it to the face and neck to eliminate redness of the skin. This process removes dead cells from the upper surface of the skin, thereby making the skin brighter.
- Mix a few drops of essential oil with peppermint oil. This product will be an excellent massage oil. It contains menthol, which has a cooling and refreshing effect and helps soothe muscle aches and large redness from acne.
- Peppermint oil is a natural antiseptic that can rejuvenate worn skin and control the production of subcutaneous fat.
Acne and Peppermint Oil
Acne is the most common skin disease today Acne occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged due to excessive production of sebum. Dead skin cells fall into the trap inside the pore, bacteria present on the surface of the skin get inside and multiply, thus inflaming the pores and producing acne.
There are various methods for treating acne, but peppermint oil acts as a natural remedy to eliminate this skin problem. Mate contains menthol, which is an astringent used in most skin care products.
Peppermint oil acts as a natural cleanser for the skin. Along with this, it has antimicrobial properties, thanks to which it prevents the growth of bacteria.
Clogged pores and bacterial growth inside the pores are the two main causes of acne outbreaks. When applied to the skin, peppermint oil acts as a cleanser, opening clogged pores and gently cleansing the skin. It cleanses your face naturally. Pre-cleansing your face helps reduce inflammation and also prevents further appearance Acne Consult your physician first to find out your type of acne before using this essential oil.
The use of peppermint oil once a day will greatly help to reduce the production of oil on the face.
How to use peppermint oil for acne
Diluted peppermint can be applied directly to the affected area to get rid of acne.
By adding peppermint oil to your face, toner, or moisturizer, or simply adding a few drops of this oil to a carrier, such as grape seed oil or jojoba oil, you will get an excellent natural acne remedy.
The use of peppermint oil in small amounts is considered completely safe and effective, but few people may experience allergic reactions to it. There may be mild skin irritation, such as itching or redness. Go through certain tests prescribed by your doctor to find out if you are sensitive to this ester. before you start using it.
Since the oil contains menthol, using it in large quantities can damage the skin.
Pure peppermint oil has a high concentration and, therefore, ago should be mixed with the carrier oil before application to the skin.
Saved from red acne and black dots +++ photos, description of mint rub for the skin
Peppermint essential oil helped get rid of a very problematic area of skin on the face - constantly occurring red, with pus, sore acne, very deep and wide black spots.
I received such a “gift” on my rather problem-free skin after using Badyag Forte gel + paraffin products. I tried to get rid of him using various methods, including other essential oils, but salvation came completely unexpectedly) I found many recipes with mint on the Internet, here are my results:
A glass of cold boiled water or cold infusion of sage / chamomile
A lot of cotton pads or napkins (better discs)
Peppermint essential oil
The problem area (the skin should be clean.) Lightly wipe with a cotton pad soaked in water and 2 drops of peppermint oil (first dip into water / tea, then drip the oil). We put the disc aside, take it clean, moisten it in water and wipe the same area - and so many times until the burning stops (within 3-5 minutes a pretty decent burning should be felt). We don’t touch the skin that day anymore. If it burns very hard - you can "blow" a fan or paper.
The first time I performed the procedure, it burned VERY hard, and besides, the oil slowly blurred from the problem area to the rest of the skin. I was sure that there would be a burn (But no - at the end of the wiping there was not even a reddening of the skin. Very slight numbness of the skin, because mint also gives a cooling effect.
I did the cleaning only twice, the second - a week after the first.
Effect.It manifested itself gradually, about three weeks after the first wipe. New acne stopped appearing immediately. Those acne that was already not matured with the release of pus, as usual, but slowly dried up and disappeared. The deep black dots completely disappeared, the shallow and not very dark ones remained. The pores are moderately tightened. The effect lasted three months - then there were two small flat pimples that passed very quickly. And all) After 5 months, she repeated the procedure.
Yes, the skin does not become like a child - this will never happen. But it looks very good, especially if you remember what happened before, and that I lead a not very healthy lifestyle.
*** IMPORTANT. ***
You may be allergic to peppermint. Test: in 1 tsp. refined vegetable oil add 2 drops of peppermint oil and rub into the skin of the wrists or the inside of the elbow. If an allergic reaction does not appear within 12 hours, then everything is fine)
Immediately after the procedure, you can not go out, so do it better in the evening. Within 3 days you can not sunbathe and a solarium.
Essential oils, especially burning oils, are generally not recommended to be applied to: the area around the eyes and eyelids, chest (for women), neck, temples, armpits, genitals, and the intergluteal fold.
Apply at a time only on a small area of the skin. Do not apply on face and back at the same time.
It is better to cover your eyes if applied to the cheeks or forehead)
Everyone's skin is different. I have a thin and sensitive, so the peppermint rub came up perfectly. For thick and oily skin, rubbing may not be such a super-tool, but a good help, but it should be used more often.
The effect will be weaker if you continue to use decorative cosmetics and / or improperly selected care products. Usually they are the cause of problem skin. I now use only tonic, plus salicylic acid every other day.
The instructions for the oil say that pregnant women can not use it!
Peppermint, not its other types. Also, I can not recommend other manufacturing companies, since only Elfarma bought mint.
Benefits of Acne Peppermint
Mint leaves have pronounced bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties. Thanks to them, herbal remedies soothe inflammation and help with various skin diseases. The healing effect of mint is endowed due to its composition:
- Menthol - the substance has an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, tonic and analgesic effect.
- Ascorbic acid - nourishes, restores metabolic processes in tissues.
- Essential oil - eliminates oily sheen on the skin, normalizes the sebaceous glands and relieves inflammation.
- Organic acids - brighten spots after acne and pigmentation, cleanse the keratinized layer of cells, give the skin softness.
- Arginine - heals damage to the dermis.
Peppermint cosmetic effect
Using mint for the face is recommended if you have problem, oily or combination skin type. Its therapeutic effect is based on the following:
- calms, tones and cleanses of impurities, clogging of pores and dead cells,
- restores the elasticity of the dermis,
- accelerates blood circulation in tissues,
- normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, reduces pores and dries acne,
- eliminates acne, acne and other inflammations,
- removes redness and is effective with post-acne.
Homemade products made from peppermint cope not only with acne, but also rejuvenate and smooth the skin of the face.
Peppermint essential oil has a pronounced soothing, matting and tonic effect. For the treatment of acne and other skin imperfections, it is used as follows:
- Add to facial skin care cosmetics - oil enhances the main action of the product and gives a gentle tonic aroma.
- Prepare a tonic or oil-based lotion.
- Oil mixtures are made to nourish, restore, moisturize and treat facial skin.
- Use in pure form. This option allows you to get rid of acne in a short time and reduce any inflammation on the skin.
Peppermint decoctions allow you to gently and gently tone and cleanse your skin. The product improves color and reduces inflammation.
Pour fresh or dry mint leaves into a deep container and fill with water. Cover and wait for the water to boil. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook the broth for 10 minutes under the lid. After the time has passed, remove the container with the ready-made broth, let it brew for 20 minutes and filter it from the grass.
You can use a mint decoction as a lotion or tonic for any skin type. If the face has enlarged pores, inflammations or acne, then the decoction can be used in the form of hot compresses. They will soothe irritation, narrow pores and relieve pain.
Acne Peppermint Infusion
If the skin is prone to inflammation and irritation, then a mint infusion will become an indispensable tool. It, acting on the dermis, activates renewal at the cellular level and improves blood circulation in the tissues.
- dried mint leaves - 20 g,
- water - 70 ml.
Mint is poured into a deep pot and pour warm water. We put on fire and heat until boiling. Once the mixture has boiled, remove the pan from the heat and leave it under the lid for 3 hours to insist.
Filter the resulting product from the leaves and pour into a container of dark glass. Store the broth in the refrigerator for no more than 7 days.
Peppermint oil, broth or infusion can be added to any skin care products. Additive from grass activates the regenerative effect of the product and saturates it with useful substances. As a result, a cream or lotion is more effective in combating cosmetic skin imperfections and restoring it.
How to make peppermint oil yourself
Peppermint oil, prepared at home, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. Below we will tell you how to properly prepare the product yourself.
- fresh mint leaves
- base vegetable oil, jojoba, almond.
- We prepare fresh peppermint leaves. We rinse them under running water and dry them.
- We remove the leaves in a plastic bag, we well clog it, having previously released all the air from it. Then carefully beat off the foliage in a bag with a wooden hammer.
- We spread the leaves of mint in a glass container and pour oil. Close the lid and let it brew in a dark place for 24 hours.
- After time, we remove the leaves and filter the oil substance into a container of dark glass. Keep in a cool place.
For oily skin
For oily skin, we recommend using the following mask:
- fresh mint leaves
- egg white,
- lemon juice,
- mashed potatoes.
- Grind the mint leaves and slightly crush in a mortar until juice appears.
- Rub the cucumber on a fine grater and add to the mint mass.
- Beat egg whites and combine with mashed potatoes, bring to a homogeneous mass.
- Combine the resulting mixture and add the lemon juice. Mix everything and apply to cleansed skin.
We keep the obtained product for 17-21 minutes, remove it with a cotton swab or a disk dipped in a herbal broth. This mass actively removes oily sheen from the face, regulates sebaceous glands, reduces pores, and relieves redness and other inflammations. Visibly brightens acne spots.
For dry skin
We offer an effective moisturizer that helps to actively combat problem skin.
- Grind the banana in mashed potatoes and mix with the yolk.
- In the resulting mass, drop 3-4 drops of peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon of aloe juice.
- The mixture is applied to the skin and left for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
The product actively moisturizes, nourishes and soothes irritation. Aloe juice and peppermint oil in the composition eliminates inflammation and redness.
This tool is relevant to use in the presence of a large number of inflamed acne.
- clay (preferably blue) - 2 tbsp. spoons
- mint broth - 3 tbsp. spoons
- lemon juice - half a teaspoon,
- almond oil - half a teaspoon,
- We mix cosmetic clay with mint broth to the consistency of sour cream.
- We introduce lemon juice and almond oil into the mixture. Bring all components to a homogeneous mass.
- Apply to prepared skin and leave to dry completely.
- We cleanse the skin with cool water.
Regardless of the type of skin, this tool quickly eliminates acne.
- tomato - 1 pc.,
- peppermint broth
- lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- dry yeast - 1 tsp.
- Boil the tomato for 5 minutes in boiling water. Cool, peel and mash in mashed potatoes.
- Add dry yeast, lemon juice and peppermint decoction to the tomato mass. Stir until smooth.
- Apply to skin and hold for 10 minutes. Rinse with water at room temperature.
The mask effectively fights acne and other rashes. Soothes inflammation on the skin, disinfects and dries.
The scrub actively cleanses the skin of dead cells, removes dirt and black spots.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar mixed with jojoba oil.
- Pour peppermint oil into the resulting mass and bring to a homogeneous consistency.
- Before applying the scrub, steam the skin with the help of baths or a hot compress.
- We distribute the mint mass in massaging movements for 3 minutes. Leave it for 5 minutes on the treated skin.
- Remove with cotton swabs dipped in mint broth.
Scrub activates blood circulation in tissues, improves the color of the dermis, reduces inflammation and post-acne.
We apply the product regularly, in the form of rubbing the skin in the morning and evening.
- Finely chop the leaves and transfer to a glass jar.
- We heat the vodka and fill it with mint leaves.
- Close the lid and stand for 2 days in a dark place.
- We remove the leaves and dilute the lotion with warm water.
Normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, dries, removes greasy deposits and soothes the skin. Eliminates acne and dark spots on acne.
Special mint lotions will help get rid of acne and spots after them. They help to soothe acutely inflamed skin, reduce acne and relieve pain with internal acne.
For the manufacture of lotions, you can use oil or a mint decoction, in which we moisten cotton pads and apply to a problem place. Keeping a lotion takes no more than 10-15 minutes.
Peppermint ice is used for facial skin care prone to the formation of enlarged pores and acne. It tones, soothes and refreshes the dermis, making it more well-groomed and clean.
For the preparation of cosmetic ice, it is better to use a lotion or a decoction of peppermint, as they contain active substances in the composition. And effective in daily skin care treatments.
Mint baths well refresh the skin and have a beneficial effect on its condition. The therapeutic vapor contains essential oil, which penetrates the dermis layer, relieves inflammation and soothes irritations.
You can prepare a mint steam bath with a decoction of grass or adding dry mint leaves to the water. В последнем варианте, воду нагревают до кипения, после чего закидывают в нее горсть сухих листьев и накрывают крышкой.They are allowed to boil for 3-5 minutes, after which they are removed from the heat and cooled for 10 minutes. Then use as directed.
Hot and cold mint compresses can effectively fight inflammation on the skin. This option for treating the face does not damage the upper layer of the dermis, but it effectively affects it.
You can prepare a mint compress as follows:
- Wet the soft tissue in a hot mint broth, squeeze it slightly and put on the face, avoiding the areas around the eyes. We hold such a compress until the fabric cools completely. Then repeat the procedure.
- With severe purulent inflammation, we recommend using a cold compress. To do this, we moisten the fabric in a cooled broth or cool it in advance and apply it to the skin. Keep a cold compress for at least 30 minutes. It narrows the pores, tones the skin and relieves inflammation in the upper layer of the epidermis.
Peppermint refers to a medicinal plant that can cause side effects on the body. Therefore, it must be used with caution in the following cases:
- pregnancy and lactation,
- taking drugs that cause drowsiness,
- an allergic reaction to substances that make up mint.
The use of peppermint in face care allows you to effectively deal with cosmetic skin imperfections. Means based on it effectively eliminate post-acne and give the skin an attractive and well-groomed appearance. Thanks to the variety of recipes, you will find the most suitable remedy for yourself.