Homemade mucus can be done with children, and fluffy is no exception. I make fluffy mucus with saline at home throughout the year. I come up with seasonal and holiday themes for my crafts. Follow my recipes as I create new ideas for fluffy stuff all year round and for all holidays!
I offer three of my favorite Fluffy Slice recipes. I hope you enjoy them too!
The easiest recipe for fluffy mucus
This is a recipe for beginners and those who are afraid of a large number of ingredients. I offer a simple and easy recipe for fluffy slime. You will need very few ingredients. True, this gives a slightly different effect, but the toy still turns out to be soft and fluffy.
How to make a simple fluffy slime:
- Pour the glue into the mixing bowl and add food coloring. Mix well until you get the color you want. If the color is too dull, add some more paint. The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise the color will remain on your hands.
- Add 3 cups of shaving cream and mix. The mixture should become fluffy, but pick it up until it works.
- Add the best activator for mucus - a tool for lenses. Add it a little bit and mix. Until the mass ceases to adhere to the walls of the dishes. When the mixture sticks out, add a little more, mix and then begin to knead for several minutes with your hands.
If you did everything right, your toy is ready. Play with pleasure!
Fluffy slime with sparkles and balls
This recipe is a bit more complicated than the previous one, but I'm sure that you can easily cope with it.
I check each recipe before posting it. This I do precisely with those proportions that are listed below. If you do not succeed, write. I hope you can figure out how to make a fluffy slime correctly, everything will be all right and you will be satisfied with the result.
- You will need white glue (I used 2 cups of Elmer glue)
- shaving gel,
- water (1 cup for glue, ¼ cup of hot water for borax),
- sparkles, dye and balls,
- a means for removing lenses containing boric acid (be sure to check that there is acid in the solution, otherwise nothing will work).
Step 1. To make a borax solution, dissolve 3/4 teaspoon of boron powder in 1/4 cup of hot water. Mix thoroughly, make sure that all particles dissolve.
Step 2 Add 2 tablespoons of saline for contact lenses and set aside.
Step 3 In a large bowl, mix glue and a glass of water. Stir until the mass is completely smooth. Add glue in small portions.
Step 4 My favorite moment is adding sparkles, balls and dye. So fluffy slime becomes more interesting and enjoyable. You can skip this step, it does not affect the final result.
Step 5 Measure out 8 cups of shaving cream (gently pat it, make sure there are no large air pockets).
Step 6 Add shaving cream to the glue mixture and mix gently until smooth.
Step 7 Add borax / contact solution and mix well. Boric acid / borax gives the mixture a uniform consistency, so you need to make sure that everything is mixed evenly. When you add it for the first time, the mixture will close, but as it becomes more and more included in the mixture, the substance will acquire an amazing, soft, fluffy, marshmallow consistency.
If you did everything right, you get a fluffy fluffy slime.
Please write me if you didn’t succeed. I specifically did not write the exact proportions of the glue, because there are a lot of brands and types on which the quantity depends. I used Elmer glue.
Want a little more hardness? You can add an extra tablespoon of contact solution, but start small and add a little as you go.
You can add your add-ons right now - do it! For such a small batch, I usually add small foam balls. This create what is called a crispy slime.
If you do not plan to add anything, your mucus is ready. Take and play!
Over time, the fluffiness of the slime will decrease. Store it in an airtight container. Fluffy mucus, which remains alone in an airtight container, will get a really smooth, flat consistency in about a week.
I like to store my slimes in 250 g delicate containers (which are perfect for other things like cookie dough, homemade ice cream, icing and other delicious treats).
And finally, I want to present you a recipe for a fluffy slime that I like more than others!
My favorite recipe for lizun
My favorite fluffy slice recipe will show you how to cope with the task in just 5 minutes! I spent a lot of time to work with him. Now I am sure that you will be able to cook the BEST lizun the first time!
I believe that learning to do slime should not disappoint or upset. That's why I want to propose making mucus for this recipe.
The basis of this fluffy slime is one of our basic recipes: glue, shaving cream, baking soda and contact lens solution. Of course, you can add more food coloring!
How to make a fluffy slime
Always follow the instructions carefully! Making mucus is a process similar to baking cookies - proportions and consistency are important.
An alternative to this recipe is to experiment with the amount of shaving cream you want to use. If you need more lizun, add more cream, but it is better to experiment a second time. The first recipe is recommended to be repeated strictly in the indicated proportions.
Step 1. Measure and add 3-4 generous glasses of shaving foam to a large mixing bowl.
Step 2 Then add food coloring if you want the slice to be bright and saturated. Mix well. I used red food coloring.
Step 3 After mixing the shaving foam, add 1/2 cup white glue and mix thoroughly with the shaving foam.
Step 4 Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to the mixture and mix gently.
Step 5 Gently pour 1 tablespoon of sodium tetraborate saline
Step 6 Beat the mixture to activate it. Soon, the substance will begin to break away from the sides and the bottom of the bowl. Keep stirring for a few more minutes.
Step 7 When the fluffy slime can be taken with your hands, start kneading it until it is no longer sticky. If the slime sticks to your hands after 3 minutes of mixing, add a little more foam. If the mucus is not activated, add a little more activator (sodium tetraborate).
Step 8 If your slime does not stick to your hands, wrinkles easily and looks like what you see in the photos, then you did everything right!
- Pour a few drops of saline into your hands before taking the slime so that it does not stick.
- Wash your hands after making the slime and after playing with it. Do not give the toy to children under 3 years old.
Why the slime doesn’t work!
The biggest reason for failure is inattentive reading of the recipe!
Another reason is the lack of attention to the necessary materials, and the actual measurement of the ingredients!
The saline solution must have sodium borate and boric acid as ingredients for activating the mucus, otherwise, you will not succeed.
Do not use old and low-quality glue, this also affects the preparation of the slime.
Note: if you add too much saline, the slime will become rubber. If this happened, then start the recipe from scratch, it is not necessary to throw it out, you will get a regular slime.
Slime making becomes even more fun when you add creative seasonal and holiday themes. I know for sure that children like the novelty of thematic developments!
Toy for adults and children
Slimes, or as they are called by the people “lizuny”, is a soft toy that is wrinkled in the hands. Adults use them to relieve stress, and children use them to play and develop fine motor skills of the fingers. To learn more, be sure to read the article “What are slime slimes and why they are used.”
Before discussing how to make a slice of improvised components, let's look at what are now trendy fluffy slimes. These are popular toys, which are an air, "bubble" mass, which stretches perfectly. It is pleasant to the touch and resembles velvet or suede. Fluffy lick got another name - chewing gum for hands
For slime, you will need starch and shampoo, which can be replaced with shower gel, dishwashing detergent or liquid soap. If desired, you can use dye.
Some try to cook a stretching mass with flour instead of starch. You can’t do this, you won’t get the right consistency. When preparing a slime at home, starch can be replaced only with talc (powder), but it costs much more, so there is no point in castling.
With shaving foam, saline thickener and glue
If you didn’t like the recipes telling how to make a fluffy slime without sodium tetraborate, then you can use this substance.
Despite its complex name, it is simply a saline solution derived from boric acid. A popular antiseptic, which is in any pharmacy, and costs a penny. By the way, the active substance of this solution is also found in Taimurov spray and in many liquids for cleaning contact lenses. Therefore, it is not necessary to buy a solution of sodium tetraborate.
A homemade recipe for fluffy slime from shaving foam, glue and sodium tetraborate is pretty simple.
Recipe number 4 - A simple recipe for fluffy slime
One of the simplest recipes - at least in terms of the number of ingredients. The slime will not be so airy, but it is quite possible to achieve softness of the texture.
In order to make a fluffy slime according to this recipe you only need:
- white glue - 1 cup (200 ml or 180 g),
- shaving foam - 3 cups of 200 ml,
- solution for contact lenses with boric acid,
- dye (food, gouache).
The manufacturing process is also simple:
Having mastered the recipe, you can make a rainbow (or almost) fluffy slime in one of 2 ways:
Simultaneously cook several small slimes in separate bowls, adding a different dye.
Make one white slice, then divide it into several pieces. Each roll out with a pancake, put food coloring (powder) as a filling and knead in hands.
Separately, it should be said about the glue - it is advisable to take proven compounds, and from the date of manufacture no more than 2 months should pass.
Do not try to thicken the slime by pouring a lot of activator at once - this is done gradually, kneading after each serving. Saving time, you can get a rubber slime that is difficult or impossible to fix.
On the other hand, you need to look at the consistency - if the mass does not thicken after 10 attempts, it's time to add a backup activator or just abandon the recipe.
Useful video about fluffy slimes:
What is this weird toy
If you see a plastic jar or container on sale filled with a jelly-like substance with the words "Slime" or "Lizun" on the packaging, then this is it. To understand what it is, you can only take the slime in hand. It is soft to the touch, wrinkles well and stretches, sticks to the walls, and then slides off them, often leaving greasy spots.
Left alone, the slime spreads over the surface with a puddle, but is easily assembled by hand into a lump. It can stick to your hands, flow through your fingers, but become elastic when you hit a wall.
Initially, the slime was made from guar gum - a polysaccharide, and sodium tetraborate, better known as borax. The result was a mucus-like material with non-Newtonian fluid properties. It does not spread, is easy to assemble, and is compacted upon impact.
There are many types of lizuns, here are some of them:
Slime. The jelly-like mass is usually transparent. It does not stick to hands, flows through fingers with long threads, spreads over a hard surface into a puddle.
Slime is soft and ductile.
Antistress. This is mucus placed in an elastic membrane covered with a wire mesh. When pressed, forms bubbles.
The anti-stress slogan relieves nervous tension well
Gum for hands. More dense elastic mass. It is easy to crush and stretch.
Chewing gum for hands is more dense and elastic
Nutcracker. The densest slime. It is less elastic, but elastic. Bounces off hard surfaces.
Elastic bouncer bounces well from hard surfaces
Fluffy slime. Fluffy and very nice to the touch. Well crumpled, stretched.
Fluffy slime - the most magnificent and airy slime
Plasticine. It keeps its shape better than others. Due to plasticity, various figures can be molded from it.
Plasticine keeps its shape better than others
There are lizunas that adhere well to surfaces, opaque, transparent, with foam balls, nacreous, glowing, various colors.
Of course, such a toy can be bought at the store, but it is more interesting to make it yourself from improvised means. Moreover, it is not difficult to do this.
From sodium tetraborate and PVA glue
We will prepare all the ingredients:
- borax (sodium tetraborate) - 0.5 tsp of powder,
- glue PVA stationery - 30 g,
- dye (you can use brilliant green),
- water - 1 cup.
Three ingredients are enough to make a slime.
Slime from PVA glue and borax turns out no worse than magagine
Now it can be picked up, pulled, wrinkled, thrown and reassembled - the slime is ready.
Advice! When choosing a dye, remember that some of them get their hands dirty.
With foam for hair or shaving
According to the same recipe, a fluffy slice is made. To add fluffiness to the lizun, a foam for hair or shaving is introduced into the composition.
- Pour glue into a suitable dish.
- Attach the foam to it. the amount depends on how fluffy the mass should be. Shuffle.
- Add dye, you can use aniline or any other. Mix thoroughly again.
- Pour sodium tetraborate into the mixture a little while mixing. Once the composition is thickened enough and begins to lag behind the walls of the dishes, it can be picked up and played.
The main condition for success in the manufacture of this type is good glue. If it does not thicken, all the work will go down the drain, nothing will work.
From PVA glue and soda
But not only borax is used as a thickener. This function is perfectly performed by baking soda.
- Dissolve soda in a little water.
- Pour glue into a bowl, add dye and mix.
- Add a little soda solution while mixing thoroughly. Wait for the mass to thicken. This will not happen immediately, so do not rush to add another soda solution.
- Mash the finished mass in your hands. It will turn out even softer and more tender than the previous one, wrinkles well and stretches.
A slime can be made flickering by adding sparkles to it.
From alcohol and silicate glue
Used to make lizun and silicate glue. But the properties of the toy will be different.
- Pour the glue into the bowl and color with any dye.
- Stir in a circular motion, add a little alcohol. You will see how the mass thickens, forming dense lumps.
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Gather into a lump and knead well with your hands. Such a slime will not stretch and stick, its consistency is quite dense. But from it you get an excellent bouncer.
- Roll the mass into a ball and try to hit it on the floor. The elastic ball bounces well from hard surfaces.
From starch and hydrogen peroxide
A solid bouncer ball is easy to make with ordinary starch. This does not require large expenses, the toy will cost a penny.
- Mix 100 g of starch with 200 ml of hot water until a jelly-like mass is obtained.
- Allow to cool and combine with 100 ml of PVA glue.
- Add a suitable colorant and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide. Mix everything well. Hydrogen peroxide will give the toy lightness and airiness.
- Roll the resulting mass into a ball. The bouncer is ready.
From glue "Titan" and shampoo
A simple way to make a lizun is with Titan glue. This glue is not toxic, and after drying does not lose elasticity.
- Mix glue with shampoo in a ratio of 3: 2. The color and transparency of the toy will depend on the shampoo. For greater color intensity add dye.
- Leave the mixture for a while to thicken, it usually takes 5 minutes.
- The slime is ready. Simple and fast.
According to this recipe, it is not always possible to get the desired result, different shampoos behave differently. But it’s worth a try, because you don’t lose anything.
Advice! Stir the mass until it lags behind the walls of the dishes and stops sticking to your hands. These are signs of toy readiness.
From glue stick
Another type of glue - a pencil, is also quite applicable for this purpose. Here we again need sodium tetraborate.
- To do this, you need 4 pieces of glue stick. Remove the rods and put them in a refractory bowl.
- Using a microwave or oven, melt the rods to a viscous mass.
- Add dye to the glue mass, mix.
- В отдельной посуде растворите буру в небольшом количестве воды.
- Add the solution to the glue gradually with constant stirring, until the desired consistency is obtained.
Slime can be made not only from glue. A good and durable toy is obtained from plasticine.
- plasticine - 100 g,
- gelatin - 15 g
- water - 250 ml.
- Soak gelatin in 200 ml of cold water using a refractory dish.
- When the gelatin swells, bring it to a boil with slow heating and immediately remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mash the clay to make it soft. Mix with the remaining water.
- Combine still warm gelatin with plasticine, mix well until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Such a toy can be safely given to children, because there are no harmful substances in its composition. There is a small problem: this look leaves greasy spots on the wallpaper. Make sure that children do not throw it at the walls.
From toothpaste and liquid soap
A completely safe option is a toothpaste slime. You can use regular and gel paste.
- Mix 20 ml of toothpaste and liquid soap with 5 teaspoons of flour.
- Stir so that there are no lumps, first with a spoon, and then with your hands. So that the mass does not stick to the hands, moisten them with water and knead well again.
From soap and shampoo
For the next view, you will need only two ingredients that can be found in any home. This is a liquid soap and hair shampoo.
- Mix liquid soap and shampoo in equal proportions until smooth.
- Place for a day in the refrigerator.
- Get out and have fun.
Since this lizun consists of water-soluble substances, protect it from moisture. From the warmth of the hands, the toy quickly softens; you need to store it in the refrigerator. And do not allow contact with dust and dirt; washing the lizun will not succeed. With care, such a toy will last about a month.
From hand cream and perfume
You can even make lizun from hand cream. There is no guarantee that the toy will work, but it's worth a try.
- Squeeze the cream into a bowl.
- Add paint and mix.
- While adding perfume, mix everything thoroughly. The mixture will begin to thicken.
- Having achieved the desired consistency, knead the toy with your hands.
Often parents are afraid to give a slime to young children for fear that they will pull it into their mouths. For such a case, you can make a completely safe, edible slime without chemistry.
For this you need:
- flour - 400 g
- cold water - 50 ml,
- hot water - 50 ml,
- food coloring.
- Sift flour into a bowl, mix with dry dye.
- Add cold water, mix again.
- Pour in hot water, knead the resulting dough thoroughly. It should turn out smooth and without lumps.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Knead well again with your hands.
Not all products and substances are suitable for making slime. Not everything that seems like a slime has the necessary properties. To avoid making mistakes, watch the video.
How to give the desired properties to a lizun
Even if the slime did not turn out the way I wanted, it can be fixed.
- Vinegar will make the toy more elastic. Pour in a few drops and the lizun will stretch better.
- Adding hydrogen peroxide, you will get a magnificent mass, this is how fluffy slime is made.
- A few drops of glycerin will help make the toy slippery.
- Luminous lizun can be obtained using fluorescent paint.
- If the lizun is too soft, put it in a jar, put some salt crystals in it, close it tightly with a lid and leave it overnight. Salt will draw out excess water and restore elasticity to the toy.
- Too hard a slime will be softer if you put it overnight in a container and pour a few drops of water.
- To make the toy smell pleasant, flavor it with essential oil, food flavoring or vanilla.
- Magnetic lizun can be made by adding small metal filings or iron oxide to it. Mash the toy well so that the additive is evenly distributed. And then your slime, like a living one, will reach for any magnet.
- The antistress toy will work out if you put the mucus in a balloon. This can be done with a large syringe without a needle.
- To increase the lizun, place it for 3 hours in a container of water. Do not be alarmed if it falls apart, it should be so. Add some salt and hand cream to the body. Shuffle. Slime will not only restore elasticity, but also become larger.
Advice! Add multi-colored foam balls to the soft lick. This will make it colorful and increase in volume.
Storage and Care
Lizun is a capricious toy and its life span is short. To extend it, you need to know how to properly store and care for the slime.
- The lizun is stored in a plastic container with a tightly closed lid.
- To prevent the slime from drying out, keep it away from heat sources and do not leave it in the sun.
- Dry lizun can be revived with a drop of water, soaked - with salt.
- You need to play with the lizun. Long periods of storage can lead to mold. Such a toy will have to be thrown out.
- Frequent use will lead to rapid contamination of the toy and loss of properties.
- Avoid contact with fleecy surfaces, the lick will collect hairs and become unusable.
Lizuny is not just a children's toy, some species have practical applications. For example, they can clean a computer keyboard or clothing from adhering litter. Elastic ones develop fine motor skills, increase finger strength. And they just calm, relieve stress and give a good mood. Make lizunov and play, because it is so exciting!