Often city dwellers promise themselves to start running from one day or another. Running training is really very useful, but motivation is usually not enough, and at home it is much more comfortable than jogging.
If you start training on a treadmill, in particular in a fitness club, then there may be more motivation. And it’s often more convenient and comfortable to practice.
Home treadmill is also an excellent option, you can start training at a convenient time and after that a warm shower and a comfortable rest are immediately available. The main thing in this business is to start competently. We will talk about this further.
How to start running right for beginners?
The first basic steps to get started:
- set aside some amount of time
- choose an understandable motivation (health, physical fitness or something else),
- make a training plan, according to how much you need to run, depending on your goals,
- Continue classes and observe regularity.
In choosing sneakers for running, this scheme will help and review of the 11 best sneaker options.
And the position of the foot while running, look at this figure.
And then some experience and valuable advice will be required, which we will provide further. The most important thing - avoid basic mistakeswhich are peculiar to beginners and can turn away from classes. That's what we’ll talk about:
- Shoes and equipment. Normal running shoes can be purchased for a relatively small amount, so it’s best to take just such shoes for training. Running on a flat sole without any cushioning is not so useful, especially for problems with joints. In addition, you should choose a quality treadmill. If you decide to train at home - for the house there are also normal and affordable options, you just need to choose a model with a high-quality canvas and cushioning. Read before buying 11 views this simulator and their capabilities.
- Running technique. Watch a couple of videos on the Internet about running techniques, learn typical running mistakes for beginners, and in the first classes, pay more attention not to speed and distance, but to technique. First, understand how to start running correctly, and only then begin to increase the results. For example, many beginners take excessively long steps and even bounce slightly. The foot at each step with the right technique is located directly under your body, not in front or behind. You need to put your foot on the toe, and not “stick” it into the canvas, perform a touch that goes into bending, pushing and carrying the leg for the next step. Also, do not tilt the body forward and lean on the handle. Try to keep the body level and look forward. Running is identical to the standard running technique.
- Using features. Understand functions and programs on the treadmill. The change in slope and the ability to measure heart rate are made here for a reason, it is possible to calculate the number of calories burned. And the ability to use a treadmill makes training much more effective.
- Heart rate tracking. Of course, many of the readers would like to impress the rest with their sprinting qualities, especially if you are engaged in a hall where there are many representatives of the opposite sex. However, classes with a mindless increase in load and work at maximum are very harmful. Equally, light walks also do not make sense, when you just come to the track to show off and let others see new clothes for the fitness club. One of the main tasks of the training is to maintain a certain level of heart rate, for which heart rate sensors are used on the track. Find out your maximum heart rate and understand which heart rate is 50%, 60% and further from your maximum. Then it remains to choose a training program. For example, if you burn fat, you need to run at 60-70% of heart rate from the maximum, and if you develop endurance, at 70-80%.
- Towel and drink. At first, many people forget about these details, but they are able to optimize your training a bit. If you don’t “dry out,” you can drink a little during training or rinse your mouth to make it a little easier. A towel will help you get rid of sweat and not scare others in the room with your wet face.
- Simulator service. Immediately to the previous paragraphs, a little of elementary etiquette should be added. After you have completed the lesson on the track in the hall, wipe the shell (pens, panel) with a towel from your own sweat. Many newcomers simply do not know about such a norm, while others are often simply poorly educated and do not think about it. One way or another, if you wipe the shells behind you in the hall, you look like a more or less intelligent person.
- The completion of the workout. If you are just running (for example, using a training program), you should always do warm-up by walking or light running. Also, the workout should be completed with a hitch: light athletic walking can also be used here, the main thing is not to interrupt the workout abruptly, especially at maximum load. In addition, stretching is an excellent option after running: muscles not only recover better, but you can also experience a higher degree of flexibility, since the body heats up superbly when running.
- Consultation with a doctor. This should not be neglected, especially if there are any ailments. Making an appointment with a therapist is possible for free, and a professional consultation with a doctor in a fitness club has a minimal cost. If you have never been actively training at all before, you should definitely consult. You need to find out if there are restrictions: perhaps for a start you should limit yourself to just walking. A common mistake is when obese people immediately get on the track and begin interval training. This option often promises serious health problems from excessive stress, and joint problems can also occur. Before you start running, you need to lose weight, and for this, intensive walking on a treadmill is useful. Another example - if there is flat feet, special insoles for classes will be required. Advice is especially necessary during pregnancy or in the case of classes for the elderly.
Running technique is clearly shown in the diagram.
To start classes, these tips will be enough. However, you need to pay attention to the next significant aspect - the training program. The most comprehensive review 6 options for cardio on the treadmill are here.
Please note! When you exercise unsystematically, it’s easier to stop training. When you use the running program, it is easier to follow the exercises and make progress.
Next, we talk about the optimal program for beginners.
Basic training program
Programs can be different and this option may not be the best for you. However, this program is very versatile and can be used with other training options on the day of jogging or on free days, and as a separate training.
Caution! When you use a training program, evaluate the symptoms of your body and monitor the load. Excessive fatigue or dizziness are negative signs, the load should be reduced. Keep track of other symptoms.
Under this program, you should run at least three times a week, but you can also increase the number of workouts.
|Total training duration||30-35 minutes||40-50 minutes||50 minutes||50 minutes||50 minutes - an hour||50 minutes - an hour|
|Active phase of training||20 minutes with a gradual increase in speed from 7 km / h to 12-15 km / h||Interval training with alternating active phase and dynamic rest phase||30 minutes with a gradual increase in load||25 minutes of interval training + 10 minutes of active running||30-40 minutes of heart rate work||Up to 40 minutes of interval training|
|Alternate Intervals||1-2 km / h speed increase every three minutes||After warming up six times: minute 14 km / h,|
minute light run, about 7-10 km / h
further run at a heart rate of 60-65% of maximum
|After warming up, the speed rises gradually to the limit and the slope increases. Work at a maximum of 1-2 minutes. Then a gradual decrease in speed every 1-2 minutes and the transition to a hitch||Phase 1 of the training consists of:|
2 minutes running on a flat track at a speed of 8-10 km / h
1 minute slope of 6 degrees at a speed of 12 km / h (if possible more or less)
Repeat 8 times.
Further, an active run on heart rate of at least 60% of the maximum.
|10 minutes heart rate 60-70% of maximum|
10 minutes 70-80% of maximum
10 minutes, a gradual increase to 80-90% where 1-2 minutes remain.
Smooth and gradual decrease in speed, transition to a hitch.
2 minutes - 12-15 km / h
3 minutes - 7-10 km / h.
It is possible to add bias. Repeat up to 8 times, then a hitch.
How to use a treadmill?
In conclusion, the basics of using the treadmill should be noted. Of course, the instructor on duty will be able to help in the hall, and the instruction for classes on their own simulator. Nevertheless, you need to master the safety yourself. Note the most basic details:
- Security. Use a security key, although many neglect it.
- Speed and grade. Two main parameters and two main switches are located in the center.
- Heart rate. In order to measure the pulse, put your fingers on the special parts of the handles or put on the sensor.
- Quick start. A button that immediately starts the track, and you can adjust the speed in the process.
- Workout Profiles. Button for selecting various training programs, you can see the program on the display.
This is what the treadmill display looks like. Displays of mechanical and electrical options are significantly different.
As you can see, using a treadmill is very simple. After a couple of workouts, you will understand how to program the work and how to do it right. Additional options are used for this.
What is a good treadmill?
A treadmill is one of the key fitness equipment in any gym. Its undeniable advantages include the ability to successfully simulate real running, while even surpassing it in efficiency. After all, during a normal run, a person does not have the opportunity to choose the level of inclination or turn on the fan, but during classes on the treadmill there is such an opportunity.
In addition, the track makes classes more versatile. In winter, when it is impossible to go outside without several layers of warm clothes, running exercises are almost impossible. Using the simulator, you can run at home, doing it at any time of the year or day. All you need to know is how to turn on the treadmill and how to use it.
How to use
Precautions should always be observed, even if it seems that the exercises will be quite simple. There is always an instructor in the gym, but he is not always free. And at home you have to do everything and check the correctness yourself. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to several details:
Heart rate. This indicator will be monitored throughout the training. Many units are equipped with special sensors to measure this indicator. If not, you can wear a fitness bracelet.
Projectile safety. There is a security key that should not be neglected. They also make sure that the shoes are comfortable and the clothes do not have long threads.
Bias. This parameter will determine how effective the load will be. We do not recommend to bend.
Speed. The higher it is, the more calories will be burned per hour. But remember that heart rate should not be exceeded too much. Better slower and longer, but without harm to health.
Quick start button. It starts the movement, and all parameters will be configured by the user later.
Workout Profiles or programs. Systems, the use of which will help to go towards the goal. When a lesson on a treadmill is for a beginner, do not open special modes yet - it’s worth getting used to your own body.
The display of each simulator must have a sticker with safety precautions. It is important to observe them, so it will turn out to achieve results without risk to health. Most have a large convenient screen with many buttons. Main functions:
Start. The beginning of the movement.
Stop or end.
Tilt keys. Raises and lowers the main field.
Speed adjustment. Can be done faster or slower.
Input You need to click after selecting the settings.
Setting keys. Professional machines have several running settings that you can choose from.
Small screen. All information is displayed here, including time and mode, heart rate, weight and distance traveled.
Start with a walk. So there is less chance of sprains and other injuries. And most importantly, wean yourself to hold onto the handrails. As soon as it turns out how to move and stand, we recommend that you stop clutching at them. If you run, leaving your hands on the handles, the lesson will not be effective. The load on the legs will be significantly lower, the back will be a stoop, and the position of the body will be unusual. After such a run, the spine will become more tired than the muscles.
How to train on a treadmill for weight loss
Usually it is used to remove tired weight and put yourself in order. It’s easy to interact with him, it’s easy to manage with him - no special knowledge is required.
It is important to understand that each person uses energy differently. Where fat deposits begin to burn in one, nothing else happens in the other. The moment comes depending on the characteristics of the body of each person, the frequency of classes and proper nutrition. But these are far from all the factors that affect the fat burning process.
We must not forget that the indicators issued by the display are averaged. Running on a treadmill for beginners should gradually increase in time and intensity from one workout to another. But you should not believe what the screen shows at the beginning of the race - the body will cost glycogen and glucose, and the fat will remain in place.
Useful recommendations for those who decide to lose weight
It must be remembered that all people have their own personality. You will have to get used to it a little, carefully monitor the reactions of the body, do not give yourself too heavy loads, especially in the first week.
Universal methods do not exist. All of them are based on weight and height, on age and possible chronic diseases. To quickly reduce body weight, it is advisable to combine jogging with other exercises, supplementing the diet with no frills.
Another significant indicator is the duration of the run. If it lasts only 10-15 minutes, then the effect will have to wait a very long time. The minimum time that you need to spend as part of the lesson is from 40 minutes to an hour. If you can’t move with the required intensity, you can simply increase the duration by 10-20 minutes at a convenient pace.
Starting a treadmill jogging program requires a warm up. This will make the muscles more elastic and less likely to get damaged. At first, the rhythm should be slow, then it gradually accelerates. It is worth trying different speeds in one session. This will help you choose the right one and make your pastime more fun.
The number of trainings is at least 3 weekly, otherwise the result will not work. But if it is difficult, the first few weeks are allowed to be in a sparing mode 2 times.
Heart rate zone at which fat starts to go away
If you want to figure out how to lose weight on a treadmill, then this will help the program and calculations. It is best to move in the zone of normal or increased heart rate, so there will be no unnecessary load on the body. To understand what should be the maximum. The calculation is simple: from 220, the age of the runner is deducted. Run well, not exceeding 85% of the maximum value.
Technique of execution and the most important aspects
In order for the classes to be effective and bring positive dynamics, follow the recommendations:
Choose comfortable shoes and clothes. Good results can only be achieved if the legs are comfortable. Choose products from quality materials from trusted brands. So it will be convenient to practice, there will be no extra pain in the calves from the wrong insole. The best choice would be equipment from Stayer - "breathable", comfortable and light.
Hands should be held at an angle of about 90 degrees, but they move freely. Proper training on a treadmill for beginners recommends - so that there is no pain in the back, we do not advise you to grab the handrails without special need.
You can’t slouch. Otherwise, difficulties with posture and spine.
Do not look under your feet, you can fall or pull your neck.
Do not jump at full speed. This increases the likelihood of injury. It’s better to gradually slow down and calm down.
The load should be distributed correctly - first on the toe, then on the entire foot.
Feeling sick is a reason to put off a run. Повышенное давление, температура или простуда так же важны, как и частое сердцебиение.
Не желательно бегать на пустой желудок, но и набивать его – плохая идея. Отличное начало дня в этом случае – яблоко и стакан воды.
So you can achieve good physical shape or begin intensive classes. It is precisely this beginning and end of any run that will become suitable for the body. Do not consider this a useless pastime. This is how most of the internal systems are trained without unnecessary problems.
Perfect for those who have chronic diseases, for pregnant and young mothers. Helps to recover, heal itself. On average, an hour is released per day. You can use variations:
at an accelerated pace.
How to exercise on a treadmill with a constant load
Here, the main speed of about 7-10 kilometers per hour is selected, it does not change the whole training. Perfect as a fat-burning rhythm, and just to keep yourself in good shape.
You need to proceed in stages:
Warm up. A few simple exercises and squats to warm up, then run at an easy, calm pace for 10 minutes.
Main part. Gradual acceleration, about 20-30 minutes.
Hitch. The last 5-10 minutes of class. Slow decrease in intensity, smooth transition to step and stop. After this, it is advisable to stretch so that the muscles do not ache in the evening.
Weight Loss Treadmill Interval Exercise
It starts with the warm-up part - an unhurried run, about 3-4 kilometers per hour. The main part takes up to half an hour. It consists in increasing the angle of inclination, according to a given mode. The last few minutes, the canvas returns to normal, the rhythm decreases. So pulse and breathing are normalized, tension is removed. In the end, you should stretch.
Another way involves an action on the table:
|Speed km / h||Interval||Distance, miles|
|3,5||Pause (normal or quick step)||0,0-0,1|
|3,5||Respite||1,55 – 1,6|
Purpose: to develop speed qualities
A rather difficult task, but it can be achieved if you approach the process wisely. After a short warm-up in 7-9 minutes, acceleration begins. In order to succeed in increasing speed, it is worth starting with a simple one - to carry out a jerk at a speed of about 25 seconds. The main thing is to strive for maximum effect. Then - a slow run and brisk walk for recovery. Then everything from the beginning. A similar interval session does not exceed 30-40 minutes.
To develop endurance, you should try to withstand the maximum pace for 40-50 seconds, then return to the average rhythm of the race.
Goal: lose some kg
With proper striving, you can lose weight by any number of kilograms. It all depends on the nutrition and the number of weekly workouts. To lose weight, you need to move at a speed that gives 60-80% of the maximum possible heart rate.
At a moderate pace it will be about 60 minutes, in the interval - half an hour. First, alternate 1 minute of a quick run from 3 - calm, then 2: 1 and 1: 1. Gradually, you can go to 2: 1, where less time will take rest.
It is important to avoid overwork and overtraining. We recommend alternating with other groups of exercises, doing a little rest every few days, pulling up the body with a course of no more than 3 weeks.
How to start a beginner on the treadmill
An activity with different sequentially increasing modes is best suited here:
Slow. Speed 3-4, for 1 min.
Moderately. 1-2 divisions faster, about 1-2 minutes.
Quickly. 7-8, about 60 seconds.
This pace needs to be repeated in a circle up to 10 times, it will take such a session for about half an hour and will be useful. On the lung, you can relax and recover, prepare for increased loads. If the action seems too simple, just increase the slope or time. It is recommended to start 2-3 times a week.
Walking and running methods, which are actively used on this simulator, will help to reduce excess weight and increase the overall endurance of the body. You can perform the exercise "ladder", which trains the calves and tendons, as well as all the large muscles of the legs.
It is easy to deal with in any weather, regardless of the time of day or busy streets. And if the equipment is at home, then there is no uncomfortable feeling that all eyes are on you.
training for joints is easier than when driving over rough terrain,
it doesn’t need a lot of free space to run,
protection against most injuries and deterioration,
the atmosphere will be relaxed.
To achieve the best possible results, you should not just mindlessly run. It is worth picking up several diverse exercises for different muscle groups. It is better if you can consult a trainer who will tell you the correct rhythm.
The most important part of any sport, not just jogging. Before you get on the canvas or just run along the street, you need to sit down about 20 times and make the body incline to beginners. If this is an experienced runner, then his warm-up will be more extensive.
Calorie Burning during a lesson
How much fat will go in one workout depends on the type of run and its duration. Each person has individual indicators, the average values will look like this:
accelerated walking - about 300 per hour,
an easy option - up to 500 per hour, provided that at least 40 minutes of movement,
fast pace - up to 800 per hour, you can alternate with a moderate rhythm.
When sport has just come to life, do not focus on losing weight. It is much more important to monitor your own general health. Many sites say that an effective solution will be to put on more dense clothes and create a greenhouse. In their opinion, sweat will be more active.
This is actually the easiest way to end up in the hospital because of the wrong approach. People do not take into account the reactions of their own body, causing him to heatstroke instead of losing a couple of kilograms. Remember that the equipment should be comfortable and pleasant, always breathing and not restricting movements. One of the most suitable kits for these purposes is Stayer.
How much to do on a treadmill
Not less than half an hour. Anything less is pointless for both fat burning and body tightening. But the first weeks, monitor your own well-being and increase the intensity little by little. Ideal - to combine 30 minutes of an interval run with other exercises.
Mistakes in the classroom
Everyone is wrong, not just newcomers to the case. Sometimes even experienced people do something wrong. Let's list the most common of them:
The center of gravity is displaced, the load that is required to go to the feet goes to the arms and spine, the entire skeletal system suffers.
The number and duration does not increase with time, remains in one place. The body should feel a gradual increase in intensity.
A sharp start and difficult tasks. Do not start at the limit.
Training during the period of illness. This is a big plus for willpower and a minus for overall well-being.
Put your feet on a standing canvas. You can only move with the simulator, and before that - stand on the sides.
Without shoes or in unsuitable clothing. Barefoot only seems to be comfortable, in fact, the toe and heel get too tired and tense. A suit must be suitable - it is better to use equipment from Stayer than to put up with sticky sweat on your back in the first 3 minutes of a run.
The desire to act in any state of health is commendable, but brings only negative results. If you feel unwell, it is recommended to replace the run with walking or postpone the lesson. Any acute illness, even if it is a common cold, does not tolerate overloads. Some elements of the body work for wear and tear, trying to drive out acute respiratory infections, and a person, instead of supporting himself, begins to exhaust even more.
Chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system or bones require mandatory consultation and permission from a doctor. You can not run with hypertension III and more serious stages, with heart disease and angina pectoris.
Before buying a treadmill home, we recommend that you try it in the gym. When the addiction begins and it becomes clear whether it is really convenient to work out, if there are any difficulties and health problems, then you should go shopping.
Inclusion and main functions
Turning the track on is a snap. Most models have a “Start” or “Start” button. It is also accompanied by a well-known icon - it is on the TV remote control and on the system unit of the computer. Most often, before tapping this button, you need to set the angle and speed of movement. In this case, the safety key must be fixed with one end on a person’s belt or clothes, and the other on the simulator’s console. This element helps to avoid injuries, as it immediately turns off the track when a person falls.
When during a training session the need arises to change the settings, first click on the “Stop” button (sometimes there are separate “Stop” and “Pause” buttons), and after that enter data and press “Start” again. When asked how to run properly on a treadmill, safety plays a critical role. Changing the parameters on the go is highly undesirable.
Change track speed and incline
As already mentioned, you need to change the slope and speed after the track stops completely. On some devices, you can enter specific numerical values, on others - there are + and - buttons for gradual changes. The interface of different tracks may differ, but the overall concept remains the same. Modes change due to a change in tilt and speed. Everything else is already additional and optional functions.
It is worth remembering that you need to switch the speed and change the angle of inclination gradually. Even if the track allows you to dramatically change one or another indicator, you should take small steps. So, the optimal changes in the angle of inclination - by 2-3 degrees. There are no specific values for running, but it is not advisable to switch immediately from walking to maximum speed. This makes workouts less effective and quickly tires.
Switching modes, program selection
Most modern treadmills are equipped with several preset modes and training programs. They switch, as a rule, in different ways. So, on JKexer Fitlux 365 these are programs marked with gray fields on the panel to select the necessary one, after clicking on the Profile button, click on the desired program. For the selected program, you can set the level and initial speed.
If you are going to practice on the track at home, then the best option would be to purchase a device with any internal memory. This can be a regular menu, a connection to a computer or a USB drive. The bottom line is not to set training programs every time, but simply to memorize them. These functions on different tracks are implemented in different ways, but, as a rule, the interface remains intuitive. You can find out exactly how the program selection works on a particular model in the instructions for it.
Additional simulator features
Various additional features that a track may have:
- entering a person’s weight to adjust the training program,
- a fan that can be turned on at the time of training on the track,
- water bottle holder,
- vibro massager
- rollers for transporting the simulator,
- a compensator for uneven floors, necessary for outdoor activities,
- multimedia features - Wi-Fi, TV tuner, speakers for playing voice messages, color or touch screen.
It is also worth listing the technical functions that can simplify the life of the simulator owner:
- security key (if you fall, this device will instantly stop the track),
- the ability to fold or assemble a track.
To understand how to walk properly on a treadmill, no additional features are needed. Beginners generally should not pay attention to them. But if your path is equipped with them, then later you can study them. Surely they are all described in the instructions attached by the manufacturer to the simulator.
How to practice on a treadmill? General rules
There are a number of rules that you must follow during your treadmill classes:
- Always choose comfortable shoes that are neither too narrow nor too spacious. If you study at home - this is not a reason to wear slippers or even barefoot. Uncomfortable shoes can hurt your legs and just make your workout less effective.
- Do not forget how the treadmill works. She begins to move immediately after you click on the "Start" button. Therefore, at the time of inclusion, you need to stand on the floor next to the track, but not on it! There is a risk of falling.
- You cannot hold onto the handrails while walking or running! This negates the whole purpose of training. Relying on the handrails, you increase the load on the musculoskeletal system, shift the center of gravity and thereby quickly get tired, losing the effectiveness of classes.
- Avoid daily workouts. Unless you urgently need to get in shape, exercise no more than 4 times a week. Daily running will quickly bore you, and it will become more difficult to force yourself.
Tips for beginners
Treadmills for beginners are often difficult and seemingly unnecessarily boring. In order to avoid fast “bothering” and continue to train effectively on the track, listen to the following tips:
- Train to music or series. This will allow you to escape from the process of walking or running and perform important movements automatically, "on autopilot."
- Change the angle of inclination while walking, best of all - gradually. This will help burn calories efficiently and at the same time make the training process less uniform. Often walking uphill on a treadmill is even more effective than running on a flat surface. But if you gradually increase the angle, then it is also not necessary to lower it immediately.
- The track should be placed in the room you love. A dark bedroom or a gloomy corner is not the best place to study. The more pleasant you are in the room, the more effective the training will be.
- Decide for yourself how much you need to run on the treadmill. The main thing is not to overwork. Preset programs are good for losing weight and for the heart, but if you just want to keep yourself in shape, then independent decision-making will be the best choice.
Beginner Treadmill Program
There is far from the only treadmill training program. But the vast majority of these programs are designed for people who already have some experience in “communication” with this type of training equipment. Beginners should limit themselves to the choice of load and its gradual build-up. At first, 20-30 minutes of classes are enough, but after a few weeks the load needs to be increased. The fact that the time has come to increase the load will be indicated by excessive ease in performing exercises that previously seemed rather difficult.
It is necessary to increase the load. If you practice almost every day, then after a week you need to increase the duration of classes by 10-15 minutes (for example, repeat the selected program again). After a month of training, you need to achieve a doubling of the initial duration of training. So, if the first lesson lasted 25 minutes, then in a month you need to spend at least 50.
The optimal treadmill training for beginners is something like this:
- Start with 10 minutes of normal walking at a speed of 4-6 km / h.
- Then go jogging at a speed of 7-9 km / h. You should run for 7 minutes, while the slope is not needed.
- After that, set the slope to 2 degrees and go for 2 minutes at a speed of 4-6 km / h. Every 2 minutes, increase the grade by another 2 degrees and finish the workout after 10 minutes when the grade reaches 10 degrees.
- Repeat steps 1-3 at least 3 times.
If your heart rate while walking uphill is higher than during running, then another training scheme will work:
- Walk 10 minutes at a speed of 4-6 km / h.
- Set the slope from 3 to 6 degrees and walk another 5 minutes at the same speed.
- Take off the slope and start running for 2 minutes at a speed of 7-9 km / h.
- Run 1 minute at the highest possible speed (also without a slope).
- Repeat steps 2-4 at least 3 times.
A treadmill is a great way to lose weight, put your body in order, and overcome heart problems. The simulator is really very effective, and you can practice it both in the gym or fitness center, as well as at home. There are no difficulties during classes. The main thing that needs to be done is to study the basic functions of the track before turning it on for the first time and starting training.
Efficiency and effectiveness of a treadmill for weight loss
The popularity of the simulator for running among those who want to lose weight is incredibly high. First of all, this is facilitated by the incredible ease of handling and ease of operation, which do not require any special skills from the athlete. Home models have more limited functionality than professional ones installed in gyms.
The equipment of the former assumes the presence of a timer, the counting of the “covered” distance displayed on the display, and the latter, as a rule, includes special sensors for monitoring the heart rate. Имея возможность отслеживать сердечный ритм, спортсмен может координировать цель занятия, которое может быть направлено на тренировку сердечно-сосудистой системы или сжигание жировых отложений.
Опции некоторых моделей предусматривают наличие:
- персонального тренера,
- силовых тренировок,
- сжигания жира.
Зависят от скорости бега и собственного веса человека. Running at an average speed burns 100 calories every mile. Half-hour training at a speed of 5.5 km per hour allows you to get rid of 121 calories. The higher the speed, the faster calories are burned. Similarly affects weight. The more the runner weighs, the more intensively the kilograms leave.
The pace is important. It should be such that the person is a little out of breath, but be able to talk with someone from those around him. Once the right pace is set, it should be maintained. This applies to training and weight loss, and the cardiovascular system.
The effectiveness of the treadmill in the fight against excess weight is beyond doubt. The only obstacle to achieving the result may be your own laziness. Hardy and persistent people with a clear intention to lose weight achieve high results with this simulator.
Best Treadmill Weight Loss Workout
The simulator, regardless of model and functionality, supports several types of workouts. It allows you to exercise and with the goal of losing weight, and to maintain good physical shape.
The mistake will concentrate on one type. The desired effect is given by a combination of different methods. This is due not only to the correct distribution of loads, but also to the preservation of motivation. A variety of workouts will never get bored.
Walking must be alternated with jogging. This can be done cyclically, for example, run for 3-4 days, and devote the rest of the time to walking or change modes every time.
Intensive and short trainings break down body fat and slow down the process of forming new ones more effectively than long ones.
The body does not have time to adapt to the loads if the training is diverse. When classes begin to get bored, two simple methods allow supporting motivation:
- Watching TV
The option is present in all modern models of treadmills. You can watch your favorite shows and programs not only at home, but also in the gym. In order not to disturb others, headphones are connected to the simulator and the desired channel is selected.
- Listening to music
You can choose your favorite song or a dynamic melody. An excellent solution would be to create a selection of compositions specifically for performing exercises on the track.
Great exercise for weight loss, which is perfect for those who don’t really like to just run in one place. The speed at the first lessons can be kept on the order of five miles per hour.
You need to start with a three-minute warm-up at the same pace. Then turn left and run for another thirty seconds, a similar action is repeated to the right. Importantly, rearrange, but do not cross your legs.
As soon as the run to the left and to the right is completed, they return to their original position, that is, they turn forward with their hull and face, and jog for another three minutes.
The entire procedure is repeated until the total duration of the training is half an hour. It should end with a three-minute "jog" jog.
“Running” plus “Walking”
Ideal for trained people involved in sports on a regular basis. Training involves, as the name implies, a constant alternation of the "running" and "walking" modes.
A great alternative between walking, jogging and slow. Thanks to a more intense approach, this type of training allows you to burn about three hundred calories.
Workout for burning five hundred calories
It does not require spending a huge amount of time. It is enough to do about forty minutes. The secret to performance is to perform interval intensive training, which must be arranged four to five times every seven days.
Of course, you need to try to find time for classes. The result is worth it. For seven days of training, the student will lose almost half a pound, that is, about 200-225 grams. This allows you to give your silhouette so desired harmony in a short time.
Workout for all muscle groups
The author’s program from the trainer Melissa Paris from New York, which for several reasons can be considered the best. It includes many exercises aimed at working out not only the legs, but also the arms, the press.
The versatility of training is the main secret of success for those who seriously decide to do their weight. A daily workout with this technique gives a stunning result. Giving classes 35 minutes, after 10-14 days, the arrows of the scales will show a change in weight towards a decrease of 3-5 pounds (1.36-2.27 kg).
Useful recommendations for beginners to lose weight
Jogging has always been and remains the best solution for those who want to lose weight. However, running on the simulator is much more comfortable than on asphalt and concrete surfaces. If there is such an opportunity, then it is impossible to imagine a better solution than buying a treadmill.
Thanks to a well-thought-out design and ease of handling, the risks of injury on this simulator are practically reduced to zero. Classes on it are useful not only for losing weight, but also for those who want to get in shape after a long break, previously had a sad experience of joint damage.
If there is no physical preparation, the first lesson can last about ten minutes. Increase the speed by three points should each subsequent training.
When the training ceases to cause difficulties and discomfort, you can increase its duration to a quarter of an hour. In this case, it is better to set the fifth (5.0).
During training, the speed can be increased to 3.5 units and gradually reduced. As soon as these loads become comfortable, the total duration of the training is brought to twenty minutes and so on.
You can change the type of training after a month of training on a treadmill. The best option is walking. It perfectly stabilizes the frequency of contractions of the heart muscle, contributes to a good study of leg muscles.
The recommended initial training duration is about twenty minutes. Further, an increase in the angle of inclination, i.e. the position of the track, is made. By changing the angle of inclination, the loads change. If it is increased, the loads increase, and when they decrease, then, on the contrary, they decrease.
The main thing is to comply with the following requirements:
- adhere to the usual duration of classes of 20 minutes,
- increase the speed within 1.5-3.5 units for 5-7 minutes,
- change the angle of inclination within 2.0-3.0.
What are the benefits of treadmill training?
Popular walking methods such as the "path to endurance" and the "ladder" help both in the fight against extra pounds and in muscle development. Performing a “ladder” allows you to train your calves, hamstrings, affecting all the large muscles of the legs.
Strengthening the muscles also contributes to the "path to endurance," but it is not limited solely to this effect. This exercise develops endurance, brings variety to training, and activates the process of burning fat.
This type of training is not only effective, but also an excellent option in order to dilute a long lesson into several separate segments. This is an indisputable advantage of both ways of walking.
On the treadmill, you can perform a wide variety of workouts. She is not a boring and monotonous simulator, as many beginners mistakenly believe. And these are not the only advantages of sports equipment.
The main advantages that all modern treadmill models have include:
- easier training for joints than when running on roads and sidewalks,
- the opportunity to play sports in any weather, and if the simulator is also installed at home, then even in the most comfortable conditions without the need to visit the gym,
- lack of need for a large free space, complete safety and security from various types of injuries that can occur during jogging outdoors,
- a completely relaxed environment for classes, during which you can listen to music or watch TV.
These simulators, of course, have their negative sides. However, given the many positive aspects, they perfectly help to maintain physical fitness, fight excess weight.
The treadmill is a powerful and effective weight loss simulator. It allows you to burn calories quickly enough without any special efforts, skills, and, most importantly.
To achieve maximum performance, you need to choose the right exercises, do not concentrate on only one type of training, follow all recommendations and tips.
Purchasing a treadmill or exercising on this sports equipment in the gym for your favorite song or watching a program is not just an opportunity to lose weight, but also to do it with pleasure and comfort.